Author Topic: WMR300 Wind Vane Trouble.  (Read 2321 times)

Offline goslats

WMR300 Wind Vane Trouble.
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »
  The transmitter does not show an accurate reading for wind direction.  It does show a reading for wind speed and seems accurate.  The wind vane itself seems fine and spins freely changing directions with the wind.  The display always shows direction as straight north and never changes.

I received it used and an owner before me resoldered the sensor cable wires to the circuit board inside the wind sensor unit.  I do not know what issue they had.  The solder job was a mess.  There was no display for wind speed or direction until I cleaned up the solder job. Now as I mentioned we do have a reading for speed and direction....speed is correct but direction always North.

I'm wondering if there are any tech type people on here that might be able to steer me in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue.  Thanks!

Offline goslats

Re: WMR300 Wind Vane Trouble.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
I wonder if anybody can help with a pic of the sensor where the cable is soldered onto the circuit board.  Thanks!  :-)

Offline goslats

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
I was able to repair the wind sensor board.  The system is now fully functional.  Oregon Scientific Customer Service is virtually non-existent!  Several emails and phone calls with no help.  Unresponsive!  I don't think there is even a way to replace the sensor if I could not fix it.  Next stop is Davis for me!!!!!

Offline goslats

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
Yep , just wanted to spell it out for the peeps wondering what to buy.  Thanks!

Old Tele Man......I'm guessing that stands for a Fender Telecaster is that correct?   

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 06:23:44 AM »
I got horrible service when I had an OS WMR968.  Davis is so much better!

I'm a Gibson Les Paul guy myself.

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline goslats

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:49:29 AM »
Loves them Gibsons here too! 

Tele....looks like you might be getting some rain soon.  LOL   Are you going to be ok?