Author Topic: Incorrect Current Conditions  (Read 903 times)

Offline colonieweather

• Contributor
    • Colonie Weather Online
Incorrect Current Conditions
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone noticed that the current conditions and the corresponding icon is incorrect for your location?  It has been stuck on rain for my location since early Sunday AM and it has been sunny/partly cloudy since.  See attached screenshot.  The conditions in the favorite bar is correct.   This seems to be happening too in their API.  The icon was stuck on sunny last week when it wasn't and sent in a support ticket, but have yet to hear back. 

Thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:11:29 AM by colonieweather »
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
WeatherLink v6.0.5
colonieweatheronline.com
Wx Underground - KNYCOLON3
APRS/CWOP - EW0288

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
Re: Incorrect Current Conditions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
I see it says rain one again for Albany. The others around you look like most are Partly Cloudy. Maybe something is up with the APRS station at the airport reporting rain?

My station on WU says clear while KRME says overcast. Maybe its a WU thing?
Tony

Offline colonieweather

• Contributor
    • Colonie Weather Online
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »
Good so, I'm not the only one seeing this...

Yeah, that's the thing, if you change to a personal station, the condition reported is correct.  It has to be a WU thing because the METAR is correct and other weather sites I've checked are good.  Albany isn't the only one having this issue...  the four cities I'm retrieving from their API  (all from official reporting stations/airports) are wrong too on the WU site, the WU app, etc....  Syracuse (NY), Buffalo (NY) and Caldwell, NJ.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
WeatherLink v6.0.5
colonieweatheronline.com
APRS/CWOP - EW0288

Offline colonieweather

• Contributor
    • Colonie Weather Online
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
Received a response from WU Support.  The current condition icon issue has been resolved...

Tim Roche (Official Rep) 1 hour ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience.  We isolated a bug that was exposing an experimental conditions loader (and also a bug in the loader)

these issues have been resolved, and you should start to see conditions returning correctly within 30 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate bug reports like this as sometimes they are hard for us to uncover ourselves.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
WeatherLink v6.0.5
colonieweatheronline.com
APRS/CWOP - EW0288

anything