Author Topic: Radar Screen Size  (Read 1357 times)

Offline txweathergeek

• TXweathergeek
    • The Weather Geek
Radar Screen Size
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »
Hello,

I have been testing both GRLevel3 and Allison house the last few days and the newest thing that I can't figure out is screen size and how to adjust or change it.

I am testing at http://www.dfweathergeek.com/wxgr3hanis.php and you will notice there are gray areas on both the right and left hand side of the radar image. Can I stretch out the radar (without distortion) to fill in that screen?

Thanks
twweathergeek

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Radar Screen Size
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
Hello,

I have been testing both GRLevel3 and Allison house the last few days and the newest thing that I can't figure out is screen size and how to adjust or change it.

I am testing at http://www.dfweathergeek.com/wxgr3hanis.php and you will notice there are gray areas on both the right and left hand side of the radar image. Can I stretch out the radar (without distortion) to fill in that screen?

Thanks
twweathergeek
Manual adjustment is done in wxgr3hanis.php's Settings:
Code: [Select]
/************************* Settings *****************************/
$radar = 'br1'; // Default radar type is set here
$radarLoc = 'koax'; // IMPORTAMT!!! Default radar location is set here
$useRadarLoc = true; // Does your site include the radar location in the file name? true or false
$imageDir = '/grlevel3'; // Location of GRLevel3 images on server - NOTE! - now requires leading slash!
$imageWidth = 620; // Width of radar images
$iframeWidth = $imageWidth; // Default IFrame Width -- should no longer need adjustment
$iframeHeight = 695; // Default IFrame Height -- adjust as needed
$autoRefresh = true; // Use Autorefresh? true or false
$autoRefreshTime = 8; // Number of minutes between autorefreshes.  IMPORTANT: use 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15, 20, or 30 ONLY!!!
$autoRefreshDefaultOff = true; // Begin with Autorefresh Off? true or false
$bgndColor = 'silver'; // Set HAniS Background Color Here
$btnColor = 'darkslategray'; // Set Button Color here
$btnTextColor = 'white'; // Set Button Text Color here
############################ New in Version 2 ##########################
$pauseSeconds = 2; // Pause on last image, in seconds
$animRate = 20; // Frame Rate of animation: 5 is glacial, 10 is slow, 15 is leisurely, 20 is good, and 50 is fast - set with integer
$numbImages = 10; // Number of images to display - between 3 and the number of images you are uploading
/*********************** End Settings ***************************/
First set $imageWidth = (your image's width in pixels).  Then adjust $iframeHeight as needed.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline txweathergeek

• TXweathergeek
    • The Weather Geek
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
gwwilk I have been tinkering with it but I just can't make it fit for some reason. Your radar is EXACTLY what I had in mind size wise. It looks great!

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »
gwwilk I have been tinkering with it but I just can't make it fit for some reason. Your radar is EXACTLY what I had in mind size wise. It looks great!
My radar image is 620x620px and is set in GRLevel3's 'File' 'Publishing' menu - see attached image.  You should return to the default $imageWidth and $imageHeight values above if you use this image size.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com