Author Topic: 5.9.2  (Read 12269 times)

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
    • North York Moors weather
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:13:50 PM »
Installed this earlier and was surprised it announced my Vue was a VP2 and it wouldn't connect until I changed the setting from Vue to VP2  :?
Very cheap upgrade  ;)
I do hate software with stupid bugs.
Why can't things just run properly ](*,) 

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
    • Highlands Ranch Weather
Re: 5.9.2
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
This is the first 5.9.x release that actually uploads to CWOP and creates other upload files with Virtual VP :grin:, so it works for me.  (I do have a Vantage Pro 2, not a Vue)

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
Are you saying that the 5.9.x woes of the "other thread" are cured?

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »
Some of the new features look great, but I think I will wait a bit.  5.8.2 runs just fine.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:53:49 AM »
Are you saying that the 5.9.x woes of the "other thread" are cured?

I have had 5.9.2 up for 24 hours now with Virtual VP and it has uploaded without fail.  Now I just have to get the new firmware installed to take advantage of the loop 2 packets.

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »
Well, now that I upgraded to the 1.90 firmware, WeatherLink is not uploading again ](*,).  Oh well, back to 5.8.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
Well, now that I upgraded to the 1.90 firmware, WeatherLink is not uploading again ](*,).  Oh well, back to 5.8.

Sorry to hear that but thanks for TOFTT ( taking one for the team).

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline meteolarissa

• Personal weather station in North Greece
    • Current Weather in Larissa , Greece
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »
I never update my console firmare since 2006 jan when i bought my 6153 station....I will pay for upadter for just 1 update and then go to wastes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:This is rediculus....
Anyway with the old console firmware May 2005 edition  and 5.9.2 upadte i use Virtual VP and weatherlink perfect and update 100% right with no either 1 package left at upate prosecc...
Realy after 5.9.0. and 5.9.1 lose of money updates the 5.9.2. replaced 5.8.3(the most stable update since i bought station) pretty good... :-) :-) :grin: :grin:

Im hapy i can use all power of station and weatherlik and VVP,,.

Vassilis
Greece
MeteoLarissa PWS,Thessalia,Greece.VP2 6153 with Heater and Solar Sensor.Camera Creative Live+ Logitech pro9000+ +Weatherlink+WD10.37+VWS+VP+Wxsolution++++ etc

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »
I tried it and couldn't get it to work.  I can get 5.8.3 to work ... I am betting it is not compatible with Vista 64 bit.

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 12:50:34 AM »
My guess is the loop2 packets are not handled by Virtual VP correctly since they are new and tinplate has not had the time to get all of the updates in that he wishes.  I believe there is a check of the firmware version before WL goes through its upload process and it expects a loop2 packet and it does not receive one since Virtual VP most likely does not know what a loop2 packet contains. 

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »
I never update my console firmare since 2006 jan when i bought my 6153 station....I will pay for upadter for just 1 update and then go to wastes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:This is rediculus....
Anyway with the old console firmware May 2005 edition  and 5.9.2 upadte i use Virtual VP and weatherlink perfect and update 100% right with no either 1 package left at upate prosecc...
Realy after 5.9.0. and 5.9.1 lose of money updates the 5.9.2. replaced 5.8.3(the most stable update since i bought station) pretty good... :-) :-) :grin: :grin:

Im hapy i can use all power of station and weatherlik and VVP,,.

Vassilis
Greece

Vassilis,

You do not have to buy anything, you only need to rent or borrow the firmware updater one-time. After that, you can update your VP2 firmware directly from your own computer. Davis initiated that update feature over a year ago and it works very nicely.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »

I upgraded from 5.8.3 to 5.9.2 today and outside of it throwing a 2031 date into the data right out of the gate,  :roll: otherwise it's uploading and seems to be working fine using Virtual VP.  I'm still running the original 2001 firmware that came with the console.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline KC2TOH

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Did you find a fix for your problem?  I am having the same exact problem.  I can not get VirtualVP to work on any program with the new firmware 1.90.

Does anyone know of a way to roll back the firmware?

My guess is the loop2 packets are not handled by Virtual VP correctly since they are new and tinplate has not had the time to get all of the updates in that he wishes.  I believe there is a check of the firmware version before WL goes through its upload process and it expects a loop2 packet and it does not receive one since Virtual VP most likely does not know what a loop2 packet contains. 

Offline KC2TOH

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
Well, after some troubleshooting I have found out the following using Davis Vantage Pro 2 with the newest Firmware 1.90 with Virtual VP:

When using the new Weatherlink 5.9.2, I could not get the APRS / CWOP data to upload while using Virtual VP.

Also, when using the new VWS 14.01,  I can not download any information from the Vantage Pro2 console while using Virtual VP .

In both cases I had to revert back to the old software to get them to work.  Back to VWS 14.00 and Weatherlink 5.8.3.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
If anyone from Davis is reading this you ought to be shamed  of your selves for putting out such crappy software. :evil:
Your hardware product is great but your software is ridiculous. You introduce new hardware and it can't even work with your software. Is anyone home out there?????

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but is the problem Virtual VP?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
If anyone from Davis is reading this you ought to be shamed  of your selves for putting out such crappy software. :evil:
Your hardware product is great but your software is ridiculous. You introduce new hardware and it can't even work with your software. Is anyone home out there?????

Perhaps I missed something.  Is there a recent post in this thread that mentions Davis hardware (current firmware) and Davis software (current version) not working together?  Without other ("third party") software in the mix, that is?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
If anyone from Davis is reading this you ought to be shamed  of your selves for putting out such crappy software. :evil:

Perhaps I missed something.  Is there a recent post in this thread that mentions Davis hardware (current firmware) and Davis software (current version) not working together?  Without other ("third party") software in the mix, that is?

No there wasn't and I apologize for hijacking the thread.
Just seems I can't get any version after 5.7.1 to work. With or without Virtual VP with my VP2. Just gets on my nerves after a while.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but is the problem Virtual VP?

I'm not "blaming" Virtual VP (or any other software).

However, if someone is running the most current versions of everything, and then an upgrade comes out to one of the pieces, and it's installed, and the whole assemblage quits working ---

Going back to what worked before the update is quite reasonable.

If the "assemblage" came from multiple vendors, then blaming any one vendor for the problem doesn't get it diagnosed or fixed.

I guess that's obvious.  It's just easy to forget.

Offline MooMommy

• http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4fyr3/suffern.pomona.ny/
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:42 PM »
OK.  I'm not "up" on everything, especially lingo, but I will try to post anyway.  I have upgraded firmware (over a year ago, I think, granted) but I believe it is up to date.  I have a wireless VP2.  Am not running virtual anything or IP, just WL 5.9.2 that I recently upgraded to (seemed like the thing to do at the time).  Now, I keep getting "connection lost" issues.
What are some trouble shooting ideas I can try - preferably not time consuming? :)  TIA!!!

I'm not sure, but it also seems that it may have lost connection and not upload to CWOP but it will still rapid fire to WU...  maybe...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:12:33 PM by MooMommy »
Finally, my own weather page - Suffern - Pomona NY  http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4fyr3/suffern.pomona.ny/

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:05 PM »
There's new console firmware, dated February this year.  Version 1.90 

Check what version you have (see the manual for how to do that).  See if that helps.

Also - what data logger do you have?  Serial or USB?

Offline MooMommy

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
Unfortunately, we are in the midst of packing to move and my manual is currently not accessible. :(  I vaguely remember updating it - unplugging and replugging things, etc...
Finally, my own weather page - Suffern - Pomona NY  http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4fyr3/suffern.pomona.ny/

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
Unfortunately, we are in the midst of packing to move and my manual is currently not accessible.

Why would that stop you?  You seem to have internet access.  Davis provides manuals online.

http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-234_IM_06312.pdf

You can, of course, also find out the latest versions of things on that site.

Offline MooMommy

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »
LOL - also having Internet issues and pdf's have been crashing my browsers - that was my first choice otherwise!  I seem to have access to some websites, but not others...  my computers know when to get on my nerves!  It can't be just one simple issue...
thanks anyway.  I may just unplug the thing and pack it too...

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
Do you suppose there might be some correlation between:

...  Now, I keep getting "connection lost" issues....

...I'm not sure, but it also seems that it may have lost connection and not upload to CWOP but it will still rapid fire to WU...  maybe...

And:

...also having Internet issues ...

](*,)

I suggest that you come back when you get moved, and have your internet issues resolved, and have installed the latest console firmware.  None of us can help you with any of that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:27:09 PM by dalecoy »

anything