Author Topic: WXFORUM - 7000 members strong!!!  (Read 6696 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
WXFORUM - 7000 members strong!!!
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
Wow, congratulations to the WXFORUM.NET  =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/

I just noticed our membership is now at 7000 Members.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:45:14 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Re: WXFORUM - 7000 member strong!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
7,000 people have registered to the greatest forum on the planet!

Congrats and thanks to the admins here for a great site  UU
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
And this guy is proud to be one! Congrats!

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
Congrats!!  Best Forum on the net for us weather folks! 

Scott
Burnsville Weather Live
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
7000 members?
Too bad most don't post on a regular basis. :sad:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »
7000 members?

Agreed. I'd say there is around 100 of us that post. If that.

Then again, memories of the recent past lead me to believe maybe it's not so bad this way either...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:06:33 PM by DanS »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
 =D>  \:D/  :lol:  8-)  :grin:  :smile:  8)  :o  =P~  :)  :D  :wink:  ;-)  :cool:   :)  :-o  :-D  :-s  [-o<    :mrgreen:

Everyone here is just great!  I appreciate the fact that we're civil and require minimal moderation.

When required, the administrators and moderators are superb!  That's why they're so well paid!   :roll:

This is one of the finest forums on the internet (I belong to another great one, but it deals with honeybees, not weather stations:  http://www.beekeepingforums.com )

I've really learned a lot here.  And no matter what time of day or night, there's usually someone on here somewhere in the world, that can answer a question, or provide a laugh or smile.

Here's to us!   UU
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »
WxForum is a reliable source of info from genuinely helpful and knowledgeable people. It is a lively, engaged forum with a great diversity of expertise, opinion and coverage.

It is good to see this milestone, hopefully it will break 10k in the future! :shock:

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
The success of WXforum.net is really due to the great group of folks who participate in the threads by either asking questions, giving answers, or sharing experiences regarding our mutual addiction of all-things-regarding-weather :)

Thanks to all of YOU for making it a civil and highly informative resource for weather hobbyists!  The administration function is a very light-duty task with the civil demeanor of the participants  in the forum.

Just to let you know, with 7004 members, there were actually 11297 ID's issued by registration, but we have declined registration for 4293 spammers/suspicious registrations to date. Checking each new registration has been one of the reasons so few spammers have been around to pester us.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
7000 members?

I suppose... But there is a downside to that. Even 1 post a day from just a tenth of the registered members and it would start to get overwhelming here. All 7,000 posting once a day would be unmanageable, I think. Posts would be coming in at an average of almost 5/minute.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: WXFORUM - 7000 members strong!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »
The success of WXforum.net is really due to the great group of folks who participate in the threads by either asking questions, giving answers, or sharing experiences regarding our mutual addiction of all-things-regarding-weather :)

Thanks to all of YOU for making it a civil and highly informative resource for weather hobbyists!  The administration function is a very light-duty task with the civil demeanor of the participants  in the forum.

Just to let you know, with 7004 members, there were actually 11297 ID's issued by registration, but we have declined registration for 4293 spammers/suspicious registrations to date. Checking each new registration has been one of the reasons so few spammers have been around to pester us.

Best regards,
Ken

And for that reason we should all be very grateful to have such a great group of Administrators! It is those behind-the-scenes activities that never see the light of day and take up an enormous amount of personal time, that go unnoticed by most members.

Again a huge THANK YOU to Ken (saratogaWX), Chris (SLOweather) and Chris (capeweather) for all you do to keep us in-line and the forum running so smoothly.  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:00:42 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
7000 members?

I suppose... But there is a downside to that. Even 1 post a day from just a tenth of the registered members and it would start to get overwhelming here. All 7,000 posting once a day would be unmanageable, I think. Posts would be coming in at an average of almost 5/minute.

Yeah, but then the admins/mods would have to start earning those big paychecks!   :razz:
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »

Best regards,
Ken
One thing I would like to add is that even though there is a search function I have never heard anyone on here say with an attitude "use the search button to get your answer"
I mean how many times has someone come on here and asked what PWS to buy. Several people chime in with real world experience to help out. Nobody gets an attitude even though we answered that question hundreds of times. There are other forums that I won't mention where if you dare to ask a question you will be rudely told to find it yourself or the answer given will be with an attitude. I think the reason is that we have a passion for this hobby and part of that is helping others who are just starting out. This place is truly special and I'm sure 10000 members isn't too far off.  
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »
Well done fellas!   \:D/

I'm still about when I get the chance.  If for no other reason I have to take a peak what my old internet friends here are doing.   ;)

7000 members?

Being a volunteer admin for an unrelated forum currently showing 93K members that is a really scary thought!   :lol: Over the last month we're averaging 800 posts per day.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline JohnN

• Forecaster
    • Monmouth County Weather
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
7000 members?
Guilty. I haven't been keeping up with my online life as much as I used to. My life has gotten busier than it used to be, but I still find myself wasting time on the computer. I'm going to try to get back to checking the forums more often, and one of these days, I would like to overhaul my website. Anyway, congrats on 7,000 members, the forum deserves it.
www.monmouthcountyweather.comUK Met Office: 45560463
Twitter: @John_N_WxCoCoRaHS: NJ-MN-64
CWOP: E1682Davis Vantage Vue, Pro2Plus w/24 hr FARS, Ambient Weather WS-1000
PWS/WFY: SOUTHARDNJCumulusMX
Wunderground: KNJHOWEL11
                       KNJHOWEL15
LiveATC: KWRI/KNEL/New York Center
             KMJX/KBLM/3N6/N12

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather