Author Topic: Unable to pair sensors on Oregon Scientific WMR300  (Read 7074 times)

Offline Weather girl

Unable to pair sensors on Oregon Scientific WMR300
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:00:22 AM »
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a wmr300 from the Australian Geographic store. I called them several time for help and followed their advice but was unable to get the  transmitter to pair with the main unit. I then called the Oregon Scientific help number they gave me and was given the following troubleshooting instructions, which haven't worked.

Thank you for contacting Oregon Scientific Customer Support. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Oregon Scientific product.

I know a trick that should re-sync your units and give you a better reading by doing a battery reset
Here are the steps:
A battery reset consists of a few simple, but crucial steps. (*Please Note: Keep all components within the same 10 ft. radius while re-synchronizing.)

1: Remove all batteries from indoor units and sensors.  Unplug any on AC power.
2: Allow a minimum of 10-15 minutes for all capacitors to discharge.
3:  Re-install batteries into the remote sensor first. Press a paper clip or pin into Reset hole in the battery compartment
4:  Finally, re-install the batteries into the main unit.  Press a paper clip or pin into Reset hole in the battery compartment.

The units should re-sync immediately, however, it may take up to 10 minutes for the units to completely synchronize.

If the above procedure didn't work, it might be possible that you have a faulty unit.If you are still within the 1 year warranty, you can contact your point of purchase to request for replacement. However, if its purchase from our website http://au.oregonscientific.com/, please let us know so that we can process a replacement for you. Kindly email us back with the information below:

1. Date of purchase:
2. Place of purchase:
3. Order #:

Hope this information helps and should require further assistance, please feel free to call our customer service hotline at 1300-300-155 (Toll-Free within AU). Phone and email support are available Monday - Friday from 9AM to 6PM AEDT. Excluding Public Holidays.

Thank you.
Oregon Scientific Customer Support

Finally, I took the unit back to Australian Geographic and they replaced it with a new one. However, I am also unable to pair this unit and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I have reset the units many times. I always install the batteries in the transmitter unit first, reset it and then install the batteries in the main unit and  reset it.  SW4 is switched to 1 and I make sure I attempt to pair within an hour of switching this to 1.

I have tried connecting to other channels; however the system only ever shows dashed in the outdoor temperature, dewpoint, rain and wind sections. Channel 1 is showing in the rain and dewpoint sections but no readings.

There is a switch in the transmitter called SW5, should this be set to 0 or 1?

There's obviously something in the badly worded instruction manual that I'm missing. Can anyone help?

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Unable to pair sensors on Oregon Scientific WMR300
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »
I don't own an OS station but can suggest trying to link them together from another location in case it's interference blocking them. Maybe try another room with both the transmitter and console. If they do happen to connect then maybe it's a wireless device such as a router, cordless phone, baby monitor, etc. causing the problem? Also if you have the option, try running the console on batteries instead of the wall-wart power pack.

Regards,
Dan
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:48:46 AM by DanS »