Author Topic: Wunderground weather cam upload problem  (Read 3138 times)

Offline bobg47

Wunderground weather cam upload problem
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »
I'm having a problem setting up an FTP upload to Wunderground. The first image after a reboot is uploaded correctly but the buffered image is not being reset. The cam keeps uploading the same image. A restart will reset the image never to change until I restart again.
The error log shows division 132 code 200 but I can't find out what this means.
I have contacted Wunderground support but only received a form email back that didn't relate to the problem at all. That was a week ago.
I am uploading to other sites with no problem. I also have another Bl-C140 at another location with the same settings that is working correctly. The only difference between the locations is that the one that works is accessing the internet thru an Altel aircard. The one that doesn't work is using a Hughsnet satellite connection.

Offline Jiles111

• MyCams
Re: Wunderground weather cam upload problem
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:06:59 AM »
Are you sure its not just timing out? Is there a time code on the image? Does the time change, but the image stay the same? Satellite connections usually have a 10,000 ms lag time (If you have the Satellite connection that requires a phone, then your uploads are going through the phone line, not the satellite). If you have a PC that is downloading torrents, movies, or just large files, this will make the lag time worse. Also if you have a PC that has been turned into a mail zombie, it will cause network traffic to also slow down.

You can test the connection buy swapping the Altel connected camera with the satellite one. If it starts failing on the satellite, then its the connection that is the problem.

Offline bobg47

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »
The image on Wunderground is not updated and has the same time stamp.  I have an automatic restart at 1:00AM and the image created then remains until the next day.  
http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/GraysonHighlands/1/show.html
The buffered image on the camera also does not change.  I have another trigger set to upload to another site and it operates correctly.  
http://bgeisler.com/GraysonCam.htm
I think the problem is with Wunderground.  Is there a response from the receiver after an FTP upload that completes the transfer?  Is this what resets the buffered image in the camera?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:08:18 AM by bobg47 »

Offline bobg47

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
We may have fixed it.  The overwrite setting was changed from "overwrite file" to "Save as New File with Time Stamp" and it is now working.  It is 15 minutes behind but it now is uploading a new image every minute.

Offline Jiles111

• MyCams
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
We may have fixed it.  The overwrite setting was changed from "overwrite file" to "Save as New File with Time Stamp" and it is now working.  It is 15 minutes behind but it now is uploading a new image every minute.

I ruled out that one because you had said you had another one with the exact config that was working.
Glad you got it working!   :grin:

Offline bobg47

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »
One location is working with one configuration and another with the other.   #-o ?????

anything