Author Topic: About weather station buying  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Stevo_vo

About weather station buying
« on: March 15, 2018, 07:59:22 AM »
which weather station should I buy, also i'm from Australia I live in small town with 2000 people, I'm looking for good quality weathers station like Davis station?

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
Re: About weather station buying
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »
Pretty new here, but not to weather interest. I am deciding myself, so I'll pass along some random thoughts on how to select. First, use this forum to read what others have said about the major brands. You will need to pick and choose the threads of discussion, but you can find out a lot. Read about the problems and the strengths for each. This will get you pointed in the direction you want to go. It helped me anyway. There are a lot factors in choosing. Money, level of interest (what you want to be able to do with your station), location (siting) among others. Hope this helps you a bit. Many other more experienced people on here who can give you better advice. Good luck.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: About weather station buying
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »

which weather station should I buy, also i'm from Australia I live in small town with 2000 people, I'm looking for good quality weathers station like Davis station?
You can't go wrong with a Davis VP2.  It is pretty pricey, especially down your way, but good quality and several options to add if you need or want.  The Davis Vue has similar quality and less cost, but some compromises in locating it. 

p.s. I see you are somewhat in  the area of Brisbane, QLD.  I know it can get quite hot there so a FARS would be highly recommended.  Our son and his family live in Brisbane and we can see your fine weather each Friday during our chat with grandsons...

Enjoy,
Paul

anything