Author Topic: Referb VP2 ISS  (Read 1130 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Referb VP2 ISS
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:12:10 PM »
In case anyone's curious about what lasts and what doesn't on an ISS that's cooked for 10 years, the top two "bowls" over the fan and the door covering the PCB stuff were absolutely shot. They literally crumbled in my hands like stale bread, almost impossible not to break. The parts of the shield below, housing the fan, are still just like new, obviously made from different plastic. I also removed the rain bucket, tipping mechanism, and the solar panel for the stock fan, as theses are no longer used. Looks funny now, but don't have useless stuff hanging on it.

Offline WxLover16

• Forecaster
Re: Referb VP2 ISS
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
In case anyone's curious about what lasts and what doesn't on an ISS that's cooked for 10 years, the top two "bowls" over the fan and the door covering the PCB stuff were absolutely shot. They literally crumbled in my hands like stale bread, almost impossible not to break. The parts of the shield below, housing the fan, are still just like new, obviously made from different plastic. I also removed the rain bucket, tipping mechanism, and the solar panel for the stock fan, as theses are no longer used. Looks funny now, but don't have useless stuff hanging on it.

When you say the "bowls" above the fan, you mean the two radiation shield plates right? I'm assuming so, but you know where assuming can sometimes gets you....
Davis Wireless VP2 SHT31 24hr 24CFM FARS

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Referb VP2 ISS
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »
Yes, the solid one on top and the one with the hole in it below.