Author Topic: Alt-Dashboard 6.95 Current Conditions Text Missing  (Read 558 times)

Offline thebigboi

• Murfreesboro Weather Station
Alt-Dashboard 6.95 Current Conditions Text Missing
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:40:50 PM »
My site is www.murfreesboroweather.com. Till recently I used an old version of the alt-dashboard. I have now converted to 6.95. As can be expected there were problems but I've pretty much worked through them one by one. The one thing that I just can't seem to get working is the current conditions text. As you can see, the text is missing. If I remove the wind icon the current conditions text will show. However, as soon as I put it back in the text disappears. I do realize a bunch of people have had problems with the current conditions icon and text and I have searched and searched but can find nothing to fix the issue. If anyone has any suggestions, please advise. Thanks.

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Alt-Dashboard 6.95 Current Conditions Text Missing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »
The fact that the current conditions show up during initial page load but then disappear once AJAX starts displaying the values from your clientraw.txt indicates that your clientraw.txt value No. 049 is '---'.  Indeed, that's the case.

I see you are using the latest WD version and build, as am I, so that's not the problem.  Check the 'Debug' section in WD's '...Real Time FTP.../...Real Time FTP... to see what shows up there.  Here's mine currently:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline thebigboi

• Murfreesboro Weather Station
Re: Alt-Dashboard 6.95 Current Conditions Text Missing
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »
As suggested I went to the page and it reported the correct condition. However, in reviewing more closely I found that I had ticked the use condition from metar and that was the setting that was interfering. Thanks. Your suggestion led me to the correction. My next task will be getting firedanger to report as on your site.

anything