Author Topic: PHILVOLCS vs my records of quake detected today  (Read 2343 times)

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
PHILVOLCS vs my records of quake detected today
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
I have a new quake recorded this morning and Im surprised this time, my records show for MG in Cebu area is MG: 4.6 while in PHILVOLCS is MG: 2.7 only? after I look in USGS after a minute of their results, it shows USGS MG: 4.3, so it means, there is something wrong in magnitude 2.7 recorded from philvolcs and this is how important to broadcast as much as accurate bevause it will risk the lives of my people if our government telling them that the quake in Cebu is just 2.7 MG but the truth is 4.3 or 4.6 magnitudes, which is a bit alarming. :roll:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:45:09 PM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline ClaireAnderson

• Best free weather app for iPhone & iPad
Re: PHILVOLCS vs my records of quake detected today
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:51:31 AM »
There are many tools that are available in the market and some of these tools either provide delayed  earthquake notifications or they provide an inaccurate reading for earthquake magnitude.
Claire Anderson
http://www.weathermate.net
San Francisco, CA, USA

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Re: PHILVOLCS vs my records of quake detected today
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »
There are many tools that are available in the market and some of these tools either provide delayed  earthquake notifications or they provide an inaccurate reading for earthquake magnitude.

most of those tool you are mentioned based on my experience are mostly GEOPHONES, since geophones are too fit on the container, the clamping system inside is sometimes not capable releasing longer periods above 30 seconds, most of modern types are very common, this is why I dont relying much on geophones, for me lehman systems are far better since it can do periods 50 seconds to 120 seconds longer which I myself craft it and engineered it based on my proper calculations I learn in lehman technology, Im glad that I made my own  SEISMIC sensor rather purchasing tools in the market. There is an engineer today designing a new type of sensor derived from lehman systems like "INYO" type of sensors that has a period of releasing 160 - 190 second period in a very small size WOW
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:29:47 AM by pimohdaimaoh »