Author Topic: What's Your Worst Weather Movie?  (Read 34398 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: What's Your Worst Weather Movie?
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
At least Tiffany was smart enough to not list her last name....
The timing of the exploding fish is perfect. They only explode when they hit a building or land, and not when the guy is on his back kicking them away.  Fortunately for him, they don't seem to explode when hit with a shoe, or at least one of the star's shoes.
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
um sharknado lol
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »
OK Boys and Girls, we may have a winner.  I just heard about this movie that premiers Thursday at 9:00 pm EDT on SyFi..................Sharknado!
 A tornado full of sharks hit Los Angeles.
Here's a story on it.
Can you believe it?
Just might be the winner to date!
Best (worst) scene

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
OMG.  Call the Academy!  LMAO!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
9021Oh NO He Didn't ! Ian Zierling is surprised about the popularity of the movie that is full of bad effects, bad acting and all around bad storyline. Come on ! He escapes from the belly of a shark with a freakin chainsaw ! Guess he will replace Travolta as a pulp fiction actor.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »
I don't believe it!  People are going to go to the theaters to see this thing!   #-o

http://www.knoxville.com/news/2013/jul/26/sharknado-coming-big-screen-west-town/?partner=RSS
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
Yea.. I wouldn't pay to see it. It is funny at how bad it is - but not that funny.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 11:50:12 AM »
Just when you thought it was safe to go tornado hunting again...

(CNN) -- Severe weather alert: Another "Sharknado" is blowing onto our shores.
Syfy was so pleased with the reaction to its original TV movie and how Twitter users devoured it, the network confirmed on Wednesday there will be a "Sharknado 2." This time the fictional flying sharks will be attacking the Big Apple in a film set to premiere in 2014.

I think there should be a spin off thanks to this movie......imagine the taglines......" Worst storm to strike the nation ! They thought they had seen it all ! Sucked up from the dregs of Hollywood...it's..... Bad Actor-nado ! ......Hey look at that twister...but whats are those things swirling around it ? ???? Oh my god...its bad actors ! Look there's Gary Busey, William Shatner, Ian Zeirling, Sandra Bernhardt and a whole bunch of others no one remembers ! Oh no, Andy Dick just landed on my best friend and killed him with his lack of talent ! - Bad Actor-nado......the storm continues."

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 06:32:23 AM »
Enjoy!   =D>
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »
Enjoy!   =D>

are you referring to Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus, Two-headed Shark Attack, Sharknado series that is on here now?

If so, I'll try....   ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:45:47 AM by DanS »

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Sharknado #3! Out this Wednesday!  :shock:

Offline PamG1

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
Of course, its sharknado and also there was one called where the was a icenado where people got suck up and thrown out of it frozen. I forgotten of the name of the movie that had the icenado in it. :roll:

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »
:roll:
It's like a train wreck. You just can't look away.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline PamG1

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
That true because you always like who they picked to play in it.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2015, 08:36:53 PM »

Just couldn't watch the first two.  I will pass here too.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:12 PM »
That true because you always like who they picked to play in it.
From the FOX website:

"Each entry into the "Sharknado" franchise has upped the ante, while keeping the fun. And the guest cast of the third film continues in that tradition with David Hasselhoff  playing Fin's father, Gil, and Bo Derek as April's mother, May.

Also appearing are Mark Cuban with a cameo as the president of the United States, Ann Coulter as the vice president, Michele Bachmann as herself, Jerry Springer as manic tourist Mr. White, Washington Redskins tackle Tom Compton as a reporter, NSYNC singer Chris Kirkpatrick as a pool lifeguard, and Chris Jericho as Bruce, the roller coaster ride operator."

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2015, 11:45:46 PM »
I don't even know the name of it, I think it was on HBO or something this spring, with tornadoes all super defined, small in diameter, with some people running along the street towards it to get into some building, while others were being blown so hard by the wind that they were swept away or hanging onto lampposts. 

Needless to say I didn't hang around to watch the credits to find out what the name was.

At least it didn't have mooing cows looking about complacently while being sucked up into the funnel and spinning around, or the storm making growling and evil noises like Twister did. 

A question:  How in hell does some suit sitting in Hollywood sign off on such trash?  Even without big or minor league talent signed on, these have to cost hundreds of thousands if not a few million minimum.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:47 PM »

Just couldn't watch the first two.  I will pass here too.

Yep.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »
A question:  How in hell does some suit sitting in Hollywood sign off on such trash?  Even without big or minor league talent signed on, these have to cost hundreds of thousands if not a few million minimum.

I haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 20 years.  They don't make anything that appeals to me.  The way I see it, when they come up with a concept for a movie, the first stop is the computer graphics shop to see what they can do.  Then they write a script around the graphics.  Then they add people occasionally.  They really don't have to act, just know how to move in front of a green screen.  Plus all they do lately is recycle classic movies and TV.  I saw a commercial for a new movie coming out for The Man From UNCLE.  really?  And it doesn't even have David McCallum with a cameo.  People will pay money for the silliest things anymore.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »
The short answer is they make money on it. As to why I watch these movies - My other hobby from weather is movies. I have a home theater in my basement and enjoy many different types of movies. I don't enjoy sports, hunting, fishing, racing, golf, etc... I enjoy movies to take me away from the real works and into another reality. Obviously dumb movies like Sharknado are not meant to be taken seriously and neither was The Holly Grail.

I saw a commercial for a new movie coming out for The Man From UNCLE.  really?  And it doesn't even have David McCallum with a cameo.  People will pay money for the silliest things anymore.
I saw the previews for The Man From UNCLE while waiting for "Ant-man" to start. It didn't look nearly as silly as watching 7foot+ tall grown bounce a ball back and forth for hours to have the final score 103 to 104.

To each their own!  :grin:

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
I haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 20 years.  They don't make anything that appeals to me. 

I haven't seen a movie of any kind in probably that long.  Turned my TV off several months ago and haven't watched anything since.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
Dr. O I covet your theater.  Mine's pretty capable, but nothing like that!

As a science teacher, for pure bad science it's hard to beat "The Core".

There is no other option but to land the space shuttle in a drainage ditch.

First explain why you can't go to the core of the Earth, then go anyway.

When we get there we will "restart the core by setting off nuclear charges?"

A guy in the desert with no money builds an indestructible ship for fun, not to mention a rock melting laser?

Lets build a ship with disposable modules, then fill the modules with critical components so they are required.

Let's send a guy outside of the ship into the magma to fix stuff.

Let's have one really ugly guy control all the traffic on the entire Internet.

At least the whales are on our side.

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »

I haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 20 years.  They don't make anything that appeals to me.  The way I see it, when they come up with a concept for a movie, the first stop is the computer graphics shop to see what they can do.  Then they write a script around the graphics.  Then they add people occasionally.  They really don't have to act, just know how to move in front of a green screen.  Plus all they do lately is recycle classic movies and TV.  I saw a commercial for a new movie coming out for The Man From UNCLE.  really?  And it doesn't even have David McCallum with a cameo.  People will pay money for the silliest things anymore.
Couldn't have said it better.

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »
I haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 20 years.  They don't make anything that appeals to me. 

I haven't seen a movie of any kind in probably that long.  Turned my TV off several months ago and haven't watched anything since.
Funny, my ex asked me a couple of days ago, "Don't you watch anything new?" I basically said "no" then proceeded to start on my new box set of "Quantum Leap" I just received in the mail. (make sure and get the PAL version if able, the American version is butchered.)