Author Topic: Water Spout....  (Read 650 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Water Spout....
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:47:47 PM »
Well sorta....  :-)  This morning I was reviewing some of the video and images around the big convergence zone event on Friday.  I was really busy and had very little time to put this all together.  The NWS and Scott Sistek were concerned about funnel cloud activity and asking me to keep a close eye on my cams.  The conditions were just right.  I didn't see anything until this morning.  I couldn't believe what I had missed.  I put together a slide show video showing the green water around the squall... this always intrigues me and then watch behind the barge going by....  I followed this with a shortened and slowed down slide show.  You can see some rotation in the clouds and the water lift.  Unfortunately it fizzled shortly after it started.  Very rare for around here. 
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: Water Spout....
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
Nice catch Greg.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:52:04 AM »
Greg,

Do not get me wrong - but how did you catch that - wow!

I checked it out on the KOMO website and zoomed in, then I saw the rotating cloud. The sea mist was easier to catch.  Good eye and you know your PSound.  This is what happens when you live in target rich environment.  One more added to my bucket list but I think Arizona is not going to help check that one off.

By the way the editing was great and I thank you for your patience to put it all together.

Randall

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »
Thanks Randall.  Those kind words mean a lot coming from you.  As far as how I caught that....  It took 2 lattes Sunday morning at my computer in my bathrobe....  :grin:  It's kind of like reading an ultrasound of a baby waterspout....  :lol:

I was really busy when I put all the video together of the CZ.  I did most of it remotely while I was at work, so obviously I didn't have a lot of time to really analyze it.  Then I was really busy all weekend until Sunday morning.  It really makes me wonder how many things I miss.  My cams take close to 7,000 images a day.  Reviewing all those is definitely more than a 2 latte job....  ](*,)

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

anything