Author Topic: Atlas Transmission Problem  (Read 435 times)

Offline PSL

Atlas Transmission Problem
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »
Good Morning,

My Atlas model 01009M stopped transmitting several hours ago. (other sensors are fine). I removed the Atlas from it's mount and noted the red LED in the battery compartment was lit solid. I removed the lithium batteries and re-inserted them. The LED flashed twice at the 10 sec interval and stopped flashing. I tried several times, each with brand new alkalines and lithiums with same results. The LED is no longer lit nor does it flash. Prior to this, I've never had a problem with not transmitting or offline. Atlas has been running since October, 2018.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas Transmission Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »
Batteries dead? One of the plugs like the one for the rain bucket are not making good contact/pinched? Check the plug inside the radiation shield for the thermo/hygro sensor?

Offline PSL

Re: Atlas Transmission Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:31:27 AM »
Thanks, but the batteries are fine, all reading slightly over 1.53 volts. All the plugs seem to be making good contact. As I mentioned, this unit has been running since since last October without problems and without being moved until this morning.

I have emailed a support request to Acurite, but I thought I'd ask here while I await a response from them.

-- Paul