Author Topic: Advice about setting up additional software  (Read 3169 times)

Offline barbharris

Advice about setting up additional software
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:11:32 AM »
I recently purchased a Davis Vantage Vue and IP data logger.  I have software that runs my home observatory.  The software that runs the observatory (MaximDL) has a section that will take data input from a Davis weather station.  I need to know how to get data into the software.  I discovered someone on this form with the same software and he used Virtual VP.  However, the documentation wasn't very clear and I'm not sure how to use it or if I should use it.  Here is a diagram of what I currently have set up and what I wish to add.  Can someone give me advice on how I can get this to work.  I am using a Windows 7 Professional computer, 64b.

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
Re: Advice about setting up additional software
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:15 PM »
Are you still looking to get VirtualVP working? There is a good thread that helped me http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33493.0 that you can review. If you need any help, I am happy to assist.

Todd

I recently purchased a Davis Vantage Vue and IP data logger.  I have software that runs my home observatory.  The software that runs the observatory (MaximDL) has a section that will take data input from a Davis weather station.  I need to know how to get data into the software.  I discovered someone on this form with the same software and he used Virtual VP.  However, the documentation wasn't very clear and I'm not sure how to use it or if I should use it.  Here is a diagram of what I currently have set up and what I wish to add.  Can someone give me advice on how I can get this to work.  I am using a Windows 7 Professional computer, 64b.