Author Topic: wxastronomy.php script  (Read 633 times)

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
wxastronomy.php script
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
I finally figured out what some of you know already but has been missed by some of us.

Afterthought WARNING: This worked for me - my explanation, of my solution, should be taken with a grain of salt, until some one with the knowledge can confirm,clarify or correct my writings below.

In the wxastronomy.php script, in the Sun and Moon Almanac, if you have not modified the script there are 2 big boxes outlined at the bottom of the page.

The top box has the Julian date - UTC time .... and the bottom shows some seasonal events.

Anyway, the dates in mine have been reading from 2016, so the sunrise -set time and all that was always off and stagnant. So for 2 years or so I have been looking at this and thinking this is not right.

So what I found out last night, was that the script is set to read .gif's and in my case I believe WD is uploading revised .jpg's files and the gif's where never being updated so the wxastronomy.php script was looking and showing the non-updated gif's.

So I went into the wxastronomy script and changed every thing to read .jpg's and all seems to be working, at least for me.

http://www.pennlake.us/wxastronomy.php

I believe the wxastronomy script at least at the time I set it up must have been written to read .gif's and not .jpg's and or whatever program creates the pages, I believe in my case WD, must be set by default to send updated .jpgs and not .gifs I can't ever remember changing the setting in either of these programs so I believe this is the case.

Take a look --and like WD says,   Never base important decisions on this or any weather information obtained from "yamiacaveman" . Please check it out or at least back up before you do anything I suggest.

yamiacaveman