Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Which barometer would you get and why...

(1/9) > >>

WX4GPS:
I am wondering if anyone has looked closely at these two digital barometers and which one you think is the better quality and feature set that is more important to you...

DBX2 HIGH PRECISION DIGITAL BAROGRAPH     http://www.digitalbarograph.com  $599
High precision Bosch Pressure Transducer Accuracy ±0.25 mb/hPa
Supports multiple units of measure: mb, inHg, mmHg, psi, h20, atm, pas, includes a one Day Graph and a one Week Graph, Ability to display multiple formats at once
Audible and visual alerts and warnings.
Display Sea, local and User definable pressures
Nist Test Certificate

Mintaka Duo Sensor Digital Barometer      http://www.weems-plath.com/Mintaka.html   $595

Two independent, high-precision atmospheric pressure sensors
Pressure units include: mb, hPa, kPa, in Hg, in H2O, cm H2O
Graphic pressure history display, past 30 minutes to 120 days
Choose between station or sea-level pressure display

openvista:
I have the DBX2, and I like it.

With it, I am confident that the airport is, indeed, off, not me. CWOP agrees (http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=KSAW&Get%20information=Get%20information;). However, as you may know, that's certainly not gospel truth. So the DBX2 confirmation is essential to knowing who to trust.

One thing to note is that currently, although this may have changed since I got mine a few months ago, there is no battery power should the AC fail. I was told by ASI that a battery option would be forthcoming. Until then, if you unplug it, you lose all your history graphs and have to set the elevation & preferences again as they aren't stored in non-volatile memory. To keep from having to go through that, I hooked mine up to my battery backup unit.

6 months ago, when the airport had accurate pressure readings, I took my various iDevices down there to see which ones were closest to the truth. My wife's iPad Pro was virtually dead on. Turns out, that's the one closest in readings to the DBX2. Closer, in fact, than either my Davis VP2 (+1.2mb) or Vue console (-0.4mb).

openvista:
I should also say that I received very good service from Chris @ ASI before and after the sale.

ValentineWeather:
The airport and CWOP use altimeter does the DBX2 unit have options to pick altimeter? Looks like it does if altimeter is what they call local pressure. Quote: Display Sea, local and User definable pressures

openvista:

--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on January 22, 2018, 12:59:56 PM ---The airport and CWOP use altimeter does the DBX2 unit have options to pick altimeter? Looks like it does if altimeter is what they call local pressure. Quote: Display Sea, local and User definable pressures

--- End quote ---

Local pressure = station pressure (a.k.a. raw atmopsheric pressure).

Sea level pressure = altimeter

User defined pressure currently is the same as local pressure but, according to ASI, forthcoming firmware options should distinguish this from the others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version