Author Topic: Correcting bad data  (Read 571 times)

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
Correcting bad data
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
Evening folks,

Had a rather severe thunderstorm early am today. Woke up to a distant unfamiliar beep - beep - beep, thought it was one of my ups devices. No that fortunate, it was my Davis Vue console! When I found my glasses and got back to it the temp was "----" and the humidity was 100%. I put it in the setup mode to stop the "too darn early in the morning" beeping! Started my morning routine and fired up the coffee pot, knew I was gonna need some caffeine to try and jump start what little active gray matter I still have left. With no temp on the console and my website's last update at something stupid like -69, I had a pretty good idea that this day was not starting well. No need to bore everyone with the details, long story short, my Vue sensor suite got lit up during the storm. (I can now much better appreciate why most everyone here has a Pro or Pro2.) Davis tech support gave me an RMA# and told me to get it "boxed up".

Several months ago Scientific Sales had a sale on Vue sensor suites for $150.00. The warden wasn't real excited about that UPS delivery, but I knew living here in Arkansas with our regular round of spring thunderboomers, it wasn't a matter of if, just a matter of when. So, I have my backup set of sensors to be installed tomorrow am (didn't make it home from work in time today.) The reason for this post is not to babble about the easy stuff, like getting up on the roof tomorrow, but cleaning up the mess I have with all the bad data that is strewn probably everywhere. I am using Cumulus software to punt my data to Ken's scripts @ GoDaddy. I know you guys want me dig around and find all these crazy numbers by myself, however, I was hoping someone here would be kind enough to give me an early 60th birthday gift (it's just around the corner) and lead me in the right direction in regards of what to dig through on the server. The Cumulus stuff looks easy enough reading Steve's Wiki docs. It's primarily the server side that I would surely appreciate a hand with.

Sincerely,

Ralph

Now that I have unwound and started reading the Cumulus Wiki, I glanced back at this post and now realize that I should have posted it in "Weather Web Site Help"....  sorry about that, first admin that sees this may want to
move it over there if it is more appropriate.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:13:52 PM by rlee171 »
Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Correcting bad data
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
No server digging is necessary.  You'll need to correct the data in Cumulus, then it will produce the proper stuff and upload to the website -- the website has no 'memory'; it only displays what the weather software produces.

Try using http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10575
as a start...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
Re: Correcting bad data
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »
Thx Ken...    Looks like this little "exercise" may not be as painful as I had anticipated. Will the data logger need to be "cleared out" prior to resuming live updates to the website? I am assuming the data logger is still loaded with the erroneous data and would write back over my corrected files. For some reason I am having difficulty retracing the sequence of events, ie. your response to my original post.  :idea:  I guess I need to slow down and take this a step at a time. I will need to address the bad data that was sent to WU and APRS/CWOP as well. Think I'm going to call it a day, my 5am "Davis alarm clock" has made for a long one. I'll jump in the middle of this in the am after some much needed sleep.   

Have a good evening, thx again,

Ralph
Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3