Author Topic: Unable to Register Cam on WU  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Sebastopol Wx

• Sebastopol Weather
    • Sonoma County Fire Weather
Unable to Register Cam on WU
« on: February 11, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
I've got two weather stations (Davis VPs) in two cities, both have been running for years and both now have Bloomsky Cams on site. I've been uploading to CWOP and Weather Underground for years, but I am unable to add the Bloomsky cams to my stations. Every time I fill out the "Add Webcam" form on WU it only submits and then returns to me to fill out again. Any thoughts or experience with this?

I'm following the Bloomsky instructions, submitting for FTP etc.
Mia
Sebastopol Weather

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: Unable to Register Cam on WU
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
I think there is a post or two how its done but try this method.

1. Go to WU, select your Station and then ADD webcam.
2. Go to this site: https://wunderground-1112.appspot.com/ and register the Bloomsky Device ID to the new Webcam you just added.

You may need to wait for approval.

You can do the same for the second camera.  Go to that station and follow same process.

Hope this helps
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline Sebastopol Wx

• Sebastopol Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
Thanks, but no matter what I do the WU submission form comes back to me and I keep filling out location over and over. Maybe I need to step away and see if it all makes sense to me when I come back. I've tried IE and Chrome, it's not the browser. No idea.
Mia
Sebastopol Weather

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:21:02 PM »
Make sure you read what the error message says when it redirects you back to the form. That can give you a clue.

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 04:00:18 PM »
Thanks, but no matter what I do the WU submission form comes back to me and I keep filling out location over and over. Maybe I need to step away and see if it all makes sense to me when I come back. I've tried IE and Chrome, it's not the browser. No idea.

I tried to add another webcam on WU.

I filled out the form and entered my address. 
I then clicked on find location and clicked on center on map.
It put the info into the field for me automatically.
I was able to save and continue to next screen.

If your getting stuck on location maybe your entering info in the long/lat field causing problem.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Online 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »
That's the exact same issue I'm having.  Tried 3 different browsers.  I submitted a support call to WU.  I'm sure they'll be in no hurry to look into it.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Online 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »
BTW, no error messages or any indication of what it doesn't like.  It just wipes out the lat/long numbers and leaves the rest in tact.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »
Make sure all of the fields are filled.  I ran into that myself until I discovered I missed the country field.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Online 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 02:18:20 PM »
I've gone through the form a dozen times.  Trying to enter in everything manually, to picking options in the drop down, to leaving my GPS to what the "Find my location" results.

I've gone through and dumped my cache and cookies.  None of them fix their issues.

Offline Sebastopol Wx

• Sebastopol Weather
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »
Exactly what I'm going through! Misery loves company, thank you all for your comments.

Tried IE, Chrome, Edge...deleted all cookies/cache...changed the Bloomsky name, station name, added it as a new station etc etc etc.

I've gone the extra mile and accidentally deleted weather stations that I run on Weather Underground, now they don't show up as mine anymore. No idea how I'm going to get them back.

I've sent messages to "Support" and get nothing back. I'm finished with this, enough damage done.  :-x

Mia
Sebastopol Weather

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »
Okay, I was able to register my BloomSky camera with WU but do I use FTP or URL for uploading? I selected FTP but so far (after three days) it still shows an Active status of "NO". My main webcam is uploading just fine. Is there some setting on BloomSky that needs to be turned-on? I asked the same question to WU support three days ago but no reply...

I must be missing something here...
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »
Okay, I was able to register my BloomSky camera with WU but do I use FTP or URL for uploading? I selected FTP but so far (after three days) it still shows an Active status of "NO". My main webcam is uploading just fine. Is there some setting on BloomSky that needs to be turned-on? I asked the same question to WU support three days ago but no reply...

I must be missing something here...

As far as I know, FTP is the only option available. 

Did you set up your Bloomsky with this link? http://www.bloomsky.com/wun

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 11:36:28 AM »
I just added and had no problem getting a new WU Webcam ID PaulMyCAM3 and as expected it will not be active for a little while.  I also completed the BloomSky WU setup, I think correctly, but wasn't sure what the "Select device" should be so selected the default "8321A9.  Does that seem correct?

For my other webcams PaulMyCAM1 and CAM2 I had gone to URL method.  If BloomSky CAM3 works good with FTP I may change these 2 to FTP as well.

Thanks for all the guidance...
Paul

Online Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
Hi Paul,

The select device default ID seems correct as mine was in a similar format.  On the camera setup with FTP, it took mine about 10 minutes to go from not active to active.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
Thanks John,
I expected it to be a day or more but after about an hour just checked and still "No".  Just happened to see that the Camera Type field at the bottom was not showing as filled in (I was pretty sure I had done that initially), so entered "BloomSky" and saved.  I presume all I need to do now is wait... longer.
PaulMyCAM3xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx, Komoka, ON, CanadaKomokaWeather No
[/q][/t]       Add A Camera        Web Cam Information SAVED! Your URL will be reviewed, usually within 48 hours, and we will begin gathering your images after the camera is approved. Once your URL is approved, and we are downloading your images the Active column the "Your Current Cameras" box will read "Yes". If the URL you provide is not site appropriate, the Active column will read "Rejected".

When I look at this it talks about URL but it is definitely set to use FTP.  I have re-edited leaving the bottom Camera Type field blank and making sure FTP is indicated at the top and the same message appears, which I presume is just a generic default.
Paul

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 08:48:09 PM »
...still trying to figure this out.  how do you get the cam id to put in the bloomsky/wu page?

...and why does wu want you to fill out all of that info (ftp page) if all you're doing is adding a webcam to a current site?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
Mine still isn't activated by WU, and no response yet to my support message or follow up to it.

Paul

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »
Mine still isn't activated by WU, and no response yet to my support message or follow up to it.

Paul

last night I finally figured out the fill-in the blanks page on WU.  This provided a WU webcam ID.  Then tried to update the bloomsky.com/wu page and it said give a day before entering....?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »
My Bloomsky webcam is finally uploading to WU http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/PaulMy/3/show.html  Partly my error as I had it trying to my current IONTARIO226 PWS that is fed by Cumulus and has another webcam associated.  Started fresh on getting a new PWS ID and have that..
I now want Bloomsky to send the data to the new WU PWS IONTARIO1189 but in the Bloomsky WU set up the DeviceID box does not default with a device number nor can I enter a device number (i.e. the one I saw a few days ago).  I have an email to Bloomsky to see if they can help to resolve.

Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »
I talked to Bloomsky support and they were very helpful to get my upload to WU IONTARIO1189 and data is now flowing http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:IONTARIO1189&MR=1

Webcam though is not yet showing on the WU PWS, but the camera is active and showing http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/PaulMy/3/video.html?year=2016&month=03&time=noon

One step at a time...
Paul

Online 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 09:18:01 AM »
WU must have changed something on my account.  Instead of getting the usual page to sign up for a camera, I now get a page to verify my email address.  When I click on that, I just get a "failed to send verification email.  Please try again later".

Offline waysta

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
I saw something like this too.  I was looking at other WU stations to learn more about WU and setup.  It turned out that depending on how I got to the login screen, I was accidentally trying to log into the accounts of the other stations I was looking at.  So, it could not verify my email address.

WU must have changed something on my account.  Instead of getting the usual page to sign up for a camera, I now get a page to verify my email address.  When I click on that, I just get a "failed to send verification email.  Please try again later".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:16:53 AM by waysta »

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »
Looks like my brother-in-laws station on wu now has his bloomsky pic:

KGAPEMBR2

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 04:31:18 PM »
I think I have my BloomSky setup with WU

KOHOHIO22

Does it take a day to load/see it?

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »
So.... I have the Bloomsky camera linked to Wunderground and it shows in my cam list as shown here...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Am I correct in thinking that I can't get the Bloomsky cam to show on my Wunderground page that already has a webcam on it?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Clicking on the Add a Webcam button just takes me to the camera signup page.  Clicking on the Bloomsky camera does nothing.  Clicking on the CamperGuyCAM2 link takes me to the camera page, but no obvious way to add it to my weather station page.

So, do I have to set up a separate weather station page?

Cheers!

Chris

anything