Author Topic: Access Connection Issues  (Read 30135 times)

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Re: Access Connection Issues
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »
John,
Thanks for info. That makes sense based on what I'm seeing on WU and MyAcurite. It would be cool if they had that data report out to WU as well. Hopefully, in the future it will.

My CT Access is offline again this AM. Not sure why or what caused it. With any luck, it'll pop back on. This has been an odd one to sort out. The drops are very random.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:31 AM »
Glenn, what about setting up a timer to cut power for a minute each day to the Access and router to auto-reboot the setup? I don't think much if any data would be lost but you would be able to continue uninterrupted monitoring while away.

Offline John Z

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 09:04:33 AM »
Glenn,

I expect that feature is on their punch list somewhere. They probably have their hands full right now with a bunch of clean up work.

Overall, I like my Access devices and see tremendous potential in them for the future.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
The reboot isn't a bad idea. I actually have a Winkhub in VT that I do that too after a power outage. I have it hooked up to a wifi plug. Something like that should work with the Access. But I'm wondering if the battery backup would throw a wrench in the gears....
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
I had a lot of issues this weekend with the Access at my CT location. No one was home, so diagnosing it was difficult. Not much I could do remotely but check on things and see when it came back up.

It started having problems Friday AM that lasted until about 2-2:30 PM.
Saturday it dropped from 7AM to 3PM (about), then was offline until 5ish....then again sporadic until 9P. At that point it was done reporting for the day.
The unit was offline Sunday from just before 10AM to about 5PM. I had another gap overnight into this morning.

This morning I moved the unit out of our office and down a floor. We'll see if that helps. I have the SmartHub in the office where the Access used to be.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »
There are many posts over on the Acurite Community Forum about various problems with the Access. This does not bode well for any expectations of an Atlas 7/8 availability any time soon.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
Good point Alan! I've got a thread over there as well. The AcuRite employees have chimed in from time to time.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 01:49:19 PM »
I just recently got my Access it's been up for 3 days and so far no issues with drop outs always a full 4 bars.

But I will be keeping a close eye on things.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 04:03:49 PM »
Mine seems to go in cycles...it'll be ok...then it has issues...then goes back to being ok.

I should point out, I was getting the occasional dropout with the SmartHub at times. But they didn't last as long and seems slightly less frequent.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »
So, I've had my SmartHub in the location where my Access used to be. Both are running with the Access reporting to WU.

Over the weekend, I've had a number of drops with the SmartHub. The Access had no issues; but I haven't done a thorough analysis of all the data.

So, that being said.... I'm not sure if the issue is the placement of the unit---as it relates to the distance or materials the signal has to pass through. Or if it's interference from other devices in the room. When these drops happen, the other devices aren't really doing much. Regarding the distance/materials...That could be it. Ironically, the space where both devices did better is on our lower level and is lower than the outdoor 5 in 1.

So, no conclusive solution as of yet.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
Ok, I spoke too soon.  :lol:

Both the Access and the SmartHub are showing  as 'offline'. However, the signal strength on the Access is "strong", hub "weak".

No data is being pushed to WU from the Access. However, I'm seeing data charts going to MyAcurite. Typically, they'll be a gap in data. But I'm seeing 5 minute reporting intervals for the Access. It's reporting out the same temp for the last few hours, but I do have a few instances of wind speed a slight change in humidity. It's currently raining, but no rain amounts are reported.

This one has me stumped.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »
Since putting mine on line no issues thus far, no drop outs that I've ever seen.

Glenn do you think your having internet issues randomly? It seems like you go off line often.
KMIBADAX38

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
daman,
That may have been the issue yesterday. I came home to a blinking read light on the Access and my phone wasn't connecting to wifi. Odd that my IP cams were working and the Smarthub was online. I rebooted the router and the Access was good to go...a few drops on WU, but it's been fine since later last night.

Now here's the issue. I'm reporting fine to WU from the Access...but MyAcurite is showing as "offline" and no data has been reported since yesterday afternoon. I may try a full reboot of the Access; unplug, battery pull, let it sit and see if that helps.

This is a different problem than I usually have. It usually drops the connection from the 5 in 1. Aside from some "weak" connection signals last night after the router reboot, signal strength has been excellent in the overnight to this AM.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:19 PM »
I've had on occasion that MyAcuRite will show yellow with low signal but splash page shows sig of 4 so I don't even worry  anymore, I think it'll get into a glitch sometimes but then it'll be fine.

Flashing red means no Wi-Fi.
KMIBADAX38

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
I'll update things when I get a chance to look at the unit. I'll check the splash page as well.

For now, data is still going to WU, but not MyAcurite.  #-o
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »
I had to reboot my router this morning. The red light was flashing on the Access. This is the first time it's done this since the last time I posted about it. None of my ports or Wifi was working, so I don't think it was the Access. I'm not sure why this router needs to be rebooted occasionally...

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »
I had to reboot my router this morning. The red light was flashing on the Access. This is the first time it's done this since the last time I posted about it. None of my ports or Wifi was working, so I don't think it was the Access. I'm not sure why this router needs to be rebooted occasionally...
I had a NETGEAR router that would need rebooting often because it would loose connection AND Wi-Fi speeds would  slow down, It ended up going out, junked it got a new one.
KMIBADAX38

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »
I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I'll update here.

My Access was working just fine on WU, but not data was being sent to MyAcurite. It would show a good signal, but be "offline" on myacurite.com. Mind you, still reporting to WU. I did a reboot of the router while letting the Access sit unplugged with the batteries removed for some time...did not help the situation. I went to the splash page and rebooted the unit a few times. No difference. Then at some-point overnight, it came back to myacurite.com. But now, I have no charts or data available. It just shows current conditions. It is still reporting just fine to WU. I have a smarthub running in tandem with the Access and no issues there. I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem on Acurite's end.

My Vermont Access (and hub for that matter) has been running fine. We had a power outage up there last night and the Access filled in all the lost data. So that's pretty slick.

Just hoping this gets sorted out. As you can see in this thread, I've had some issues with the dropped connection between the Access and the 5 in 1...but this issue is new and certainly perplexing.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »
Much appreciate all the work you've been doing Glen regarding the Access. Too bad about Acurite's corporate behavior. If they only updated us on what is going on with this current fiasco and what they are doing about it, that would have been very much appreciated. Sadly, their lack of transparency and lack of HONESTY is going to be, for me, a big detriment to any future purchases with this company. I do not think I am alone in this viewpoint.

Again, thanks for doing all this testing and troubleshooting for Acurite. I guess they prefer to let their customers waste untold hours attempting to resolve issues that should be their responsibility and that of their beta tester volunteers. I suppose it saves them money in the long run-- penny wise, pound foolish.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I'll update here.

My Access was working just fine on WU, but not data was being sent to MyAcurite. It would show a good signal, but be "offline" on myacurite.com. Mind you, still reporting to WU. I did a reboot of the router while letting the Access sit unplugged with the batteries removed for some time...did not help the situation. I went to the splash page and rebooted the unit a few times. No difference. Then at some-point overnight, it came back to myacurite.com. But now, I have no charts or data available. It just shows current conditions. It is still reporting just fine to WU. I have a smarthub running in tandem with the Access and no issues there. I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem on Acurite's end.

My Vermont Access (and hub for that matter) has been running fine. We had a power outage up there last night and the Access filled in all the lost data. So that's pretty slick.

Just hoping this gets sorted out. As you can see in this thread, I've had some issues with the dropped connection between the Access and the 5 in 1...but this issue is new and certainly perplexing.

It's likely there are still some server-side issues going on with the Access.  myAcurite has a different API for the Access than the SmartHUB.  Last month myAcurite suddenly had a problem interpreting data from detachable sensor probes (water leak, soil temp, etc.) through the Access, but that was quickly fixed on the server side. SmartHUB users were unaffected.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »
BeaverMeadow,
Happy to help out. I have another thread going on the Acurite support forums that's a bit more detailed. I do hope someone from Acurite chimes in over there soon. If they are in fact having issues, an announcement of some sort would be helpful. When the Access works, it's a great device! But being kept up to date on issues would help a lot of the end users.

George,
Thanks for all of your help. You've provided a lot of guidance here and on the Acurite forums. I did take a look at the splash page for both the Access and the SmartHub and noticed they report to different URLs. Gives a bit of credence to my theory of it being an issue on Acurite's end.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
Around 11AM this morning, my CT Access started reporting back to MyAcurite with all the data including charts. No idea what caused that to start happening.

We've lost power twice today at the VT location. Both times, I had to pull all cables, open the battery cover, wait...and that go it reconnected. Just letting the unit sit as is did not allow it to come online. One power outage was less than a minute, the other probably 30 minutes. Same result...no auto reconnect.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
Did a little digging and see that some others have had issue with the Access coming online after a power outage. Anyone here find a solution?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline HH2

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »
Early this morning we had a very brief power blip (less than a second because microwave clocks didn't need reset) and Access has been off line ever since (offline on acurite and wunderground).  I wonder if it will reset its self or do I have to take action?? I sure hope it comes back on line buy itself, otherwise, when we are away from home and there a power blip, no longer able to get weather info at home or inside house temp info.  I am going to do nothing for now and send an update tomorrow to this forum.  So far it has been offline for over eight hours.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:41:56 AM by HH2 »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
Early this morning we had a very brief power blip (less than a second because microwave clocks didn't need reset) and Access has been off line ever since (offline on acurite and wunderground).  I wonder if it will reset its self or do I have to take action?? I sure hope it comes back on line buy itself, otherwise, when we are away from home and there a power blip, no longer able to get weather info at home or inside house temp info.  I am going to do nothing for now and send an update tomorrow to this forum.  So far it has been offline for over eight hours.

It would probably be most expedient to just reset it.

Update 47 has been deploying over the last 5 days or so.  Maybe you just got caught up in the middle.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]