Author Topic: WU removed my station from map??  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Jackietools

• https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/a1320598-ae1c-4267-9009-3c86e9215e32
  • Contributor
    • Jackietools
WU removed my station from map??
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »
WU says they have removed my station from the site and their map because temps are out of range. If I go directly to station it shows correct temp and so does CWOP. How do I have put back on the map and why did this problem occur. Thanks. I sent link to page I copied showing error.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WU removed my station from map??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »
Looks like it is back showing after a couple of interruptions at about noon and 8:00 am today.  Noticed you had similar short interruptions on July 26th.

Paul

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
Yes I see it is back on map. All I did was disconnect Meteobridge for a bit to download data from Davis Vue logger into my PC. Guess this will happen every time I take it off line to download data to my PC. Also why are baro readings varying so much in my area from station to station. Does not seem normal. Usually they are only a point or two off but today they are all different . Thanks

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
Yes I see it is back on map. All I did was disconnect Meteobridge for a bit to download data from Davis Vue logger into my PC. Guess this will happen every time I take it off line to download data to my PC. Also why are baro readings varying so much in my area from station to station. Does not seem normal. Usually they are only a point or two off but today they are all different . Thanks
Long time lurker here... I am the owner of station "Staten Island(Travis)" on weather underground. I have operated a weather station at my home for over 30 years and have been on WU since 2009, in fact I was the first Staten Island station on there. To answer your question about the baro readings being different... I'm sure its been discussed on here about some stations having inaccurate data due to equipment, siting etc. There is a station in my town not too far away that reads too high on temps most of the time and an incorrect pressure reading( that may be the one you are referring to). As far as dropping your station , that sometimes happens to me after a power failure when some incorrect data is sent upon reconnection, so if you have to reconnect for any reason, that's probably the cause.

Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
Thanks neighbor. I used to have an Oregon Scientific station I mounted on my chimney in the late 90's. It was wired and back then there was no internet access for weather stations. I have been a Cocorhs observer for last 3 years. I just set up my Davis Vue about 3 weeks ago. At first I bought Weatherlink but after having to run my PC 24/7 to upload I built my own Meteobridge. What hardware and software do you use if you don't my asking? I update my station rain amounts manually with my Cocorhs readings as that is one of the standard used by NOAA for rain measurement and is more accurate than the tip scale used in my station.

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
I just checked Wundermap app on my ipad. All stations I open around me show 30.06 baro pressure then the text chages color and each station pressure changes after a couple of seconds as if it is being adjusted by something. Why and what is this?

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »
I have a vantage pro which I've had since 2003 (most parts have been replaced though) with the iss in the backyard and the anemometer up on the roof. I use weatherlink ip software. My station is still in the same location that its been since I started this obsession with weather from childhood. The station is at the house where I grew up and where my dad still lives( he will be 100 years old in Dec). I live a couple of miles away from there. In addition to the equipment I mentioned above I also have other rain gages, thermometers etc.. I also still use a Nimbus digital thermometer which I've had for 25 years... I cant tell you how many different weather items I have bought during my 54 years... I put my first anemometer up on the roof when I was 15 years old.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 11:07:31 PM »
I just checked Wundermap app on my ipad. All stations I open around me show 30.06 baro pressure then the text chages color and each station pressure changes after a couple of seconds as if it is being adjusted by something. Why and what is this?
That's just the stations updating when they change color briefly... also keep in mind that WU is still working out the kinks with their redesign so they may still be having problems.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. You sound a bit like me. Always outside taking pictures or video taping storms when recordable video machines came out 30 years ago. My neighbor still thinks I'm crazy standing outside recording Tstorms!

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 11:49:43 PM »
Thanks for the info. You sound a bit like me. Always outside taking pictures or video taping storms when recordable video machines came out 30 years ago. My neighbor still thinks I'm crazy standing outside recording Tstorms!
Yeah my wife yells at me to come in during t-storms same way my mom would when I was young... wonder what my neighbors thought when they saw me going for a walk during Sandy lol.
Don
Staten Island, NY

anything