Author Topic: Data stops uploading  (Read 880 times)

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
Data stops uploading
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:01:01 PM »
I've read many posts about troubles uploading to the web with VWS.  I don't want to necessarily rehash previously discussed problems but rather something new maybe.  First I had no problems running the program before I started the uploading.  My issues began when I started uploading to WBug and PWS.  In the beginning it didn't give me any trouble that I can remember but the last few weeks it failed on almost a daily basis.  Long story short, the last 2 times it stopped uploading it occured at 2:00, one am, one pm.  Now today I noticed a pause in uploading to PWS at 2:00 pm then restarted again sometime after 3:00 pm.  Does anyone have any ideas why this would occur at 2:00?  And it's not every day or always am or pm.  I have looked for settings in my computer for things that may cause a conflict at that time but have not found anything, yet.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline CamarilloWX

• CamarilloWX
  • Senior Contributor
    • Camarillo Weather
Re: Data stops uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »
I had a similar issue with Cumulus when my automated backup ran.
Eric

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »
Well I never really figured out what the problem was but it seems it is only related to uploading to WBug.  I did some experiments by uploading to both (WBug and PWS), then one, and then the other.  When I was only uploading to PWS it works fine and it will be 2 weeks of uninterrupted uploading this Saturday.  So until I can, or someone else can, figure out what the problem is with VWS and WBug I'm not going to upload to them, unfortunately.  Strange thing is I had trouble with WBug using Weatherlink on a completely different and old XP computer.  I won't give up but currently I don't know what more I can do.

Sometimes Charter may hiccup for a moment causing a brief interruption of service.  Sometimes my router (maybe because of Charter) stops broadcasting wifi but my weather computer is wired direct to the router.  I've looked through my firewall in my internet security and it is allowing traffic for my weather stuff.  It mustn't be Windows 7 because my old XP computer also had similar issues with WBug.

I am successfully uploading to PWS with VWS, and to WU, CWOP and Weatherlink using Weatherlink.  Nothing is interrupting them so I question if it is something on my end.  But I suppose each different program may use a different method of handling the data. ](*,)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:37:02 PM by dj1111s »
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
I suggest you contact WBug and see what they say. Yes, VWS uploads can be buggy but this does sound like a problem that is related only to WBug.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
I've been in contact with WBug and Ambient.  They've been great to work with and quick to respond but no resolutions yet.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS

anything