Author Topic: 08434 USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
08434 USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable
« on: December 03, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
I found that my idea to put in a PCI serial board into my old vista HP computer was right on, however.. when I actually removed the case, I found that the promising PCI slots were dummy covers and there were no PCI slot available in the unit.

SO I need to find the right USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable  that is compatible with the weatherlink serial logger.  I see a number out there, and Davis offers one for $26US shipped.   but still if i can get it a little less, with a vista compatible driver..   is there such a beast?

Offline Flag

• Forecaster
Re: 08434 USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Forget trying to save a few bucks on this and go with the #8434, they are basically bullet proof.

Offline DeKay

• Forecaster
    • Mad Scientist Labs
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
SO I need to find the right USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable  that is compatible with the weatherlink serial logger.  I see a number out there, and Davis offers one for $26US shipped.   but still if i can get it a little less, with a vista compatible driver..   is there such a beast?

Yes,  $2.99 shipped.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »
one of my flaws is spending way too much time on the net looking for the same item...  I will go with Davis and hope that it is compatible.. if worse comes to worse, I can use it for a tree ornament.

anything