Author Topic: Breaks in uploaded data showing in graphs  (Read 1426 times)

Offline A1cntrler

Breaks in uploaded data showing in graphs
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
Hello!

Yesterday I got up and running with my Meteobridge.  Prior I was using the AcuLink bridge and only sending the data to AcuRite and from there to WU.  I wasn't happy with the refresh rate that AcuRite sends data to WU so I researched to find a better way.  This led me to Meteobridge.

When I got it up and running on a DLink DIR-505 and began sending data to WU I was impressed with the rate at which it did so, and the addition of wind gust information as well as rainfall rates.  It ran for a while, but then the data stopped for 10 minutes. It again began transmitting and again dropped for 10 minutes.  I was also missing the temp/wind on the WU map from my station.  I went ahead and started up the data upload from AcuRite again and the icon at my location showing temp/wind speed and direction returned. 

Today I'm looking at my data in the graph and I noticed the same pattern still occurring (most visible in the rainfall section as the line is green for rainfall rates and blue for amount).  It looks like for about every 3 or so hours the signal is dropped for about 10 minutes.  It then comes back and again in a little over 3 hours drops for 10 minutes again.  The graphs yesterday were broken showing no continuous lines until I started sending WU data from both Meteohub and AcuLink. 

Looking at the logger inside Meteobridge I see this:

logger (03.03.2015 04:15:28): open named pipe "/dev/meteobridge" failed: No such device or address

This error coincides with some of the times data is not uploaded/shown on WU, but not for all instances.

I caught one of them as I was heading out the door to pick up my son at school yesterday afternoon.  I noticed that the blue lights weren't blinking as they normally do on the AcuLink bridge and they were both just on solid.  By the time I returned home they were alternating like they usually do.

The DIR-505 is located about 3 ft from my wireless router so it definitely has a great connection.  The AcuLink bridge is about 6ft from that to prevent interference and connected to the 5 in 1 with a strength level of 3 (out of 4).

Below I've screen shotted the data areas that are missing.  Any ideas?  I haven't yet bought the license for Meteobridge.  Still have about 13 days left on the trial of it.  Overall impressed, but would like to see if this is an issue with the software or even maybe the DIR-505.

Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Breaks in uploaded data showing in graphs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:43 PM »
This sometimes happens to my meteobridge as well when there is some ip address conflict or dns error but it only happens maybe once a month for a few minutes

Maybe try checking whether it happens when some new device is trying to connect to the network or set static ip to meteobridge

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:31:47 PM »
This sometimes happens to my meteobridge as well when there is some ip address conflict or dns error but it only happens maybe once a month for a few minutes

Maybe try checking whether it happens when some new device is trying to connect to the network or set static ip to meteobridge

Thanks.  I'll set it as Static for now.  With my wife having about 4 different wireless devices, myself having several and a 12 year old that has more than I can think of setting the IP as static seems the easier route to try right now.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »
Just found this http://forum.meteoplug.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=304

Thanks.  I read through that and it seems like it was a free RAM issue.  I got the DIR-505 as recommended to use with the AcuLink because it had the extra RAM. Here is my RAM status from teh system page:

RAM:    61556 kB total, 24256 kB free (60% used)

anything