Author Topic: Getting logged info (2800)  (Read 6153 times)

Offline The Missing Link

Getting logged info (2800)
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and hope you can help me out a bit. I purchased the 2800 (=2810 I think), and have some problems/questions on the Heavy Weather software. I'm using v1.1 (can't find anything newer).

(1) I'd like to see all info retrieved from the station but in the software all data I see seems to depend on the template I build. One template cannot hold all info and e.g. wind direction is something I can't find at all at this moment. Anyone with some tips here?

(2) As I find the display possibilities somewhat limited and as I like to do some programming in Excel, I thought I'd read-in the source file myself directly in Excel (using VBA). I think I'd need the "WV5DataStore" file. Now I can try to find out how this is built myself but I'm sure this is documented somewhere. Anyone who can let me know how this works (I mean the file structure)? I promise that when I have something useful programmed, I'll post it here (with source code).

(3) -and last for today- is about synchronization. On this PC (which is my home system), I typ. work in my evenings. During the day, my system is off (as I am @ work). When I switch it on in the evening and start the HW software, I have to go to the station and press the down-arrow to initiate a resync. Why can't this be automatic? Lacrosse could have built in some sync retry at a fixed time of day (e.g. 20:00h), I could then start HW in the task scheduler at the right time to 'pick up' the new sync attempt... how about that? I do see during installation of HW that a service is started, I can't find that and I'm not sure what that does. Anyone with some feedback here??

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Getting logged info (2800)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
Hi TML and welcome to the forum.

I'm running a 2810 also with v1.1 (the latest I believe). In you last question about a service being started, perhaps this is the "Recording Interval" in the history recording parameter section as this runs whether or not you want it to (no choice like none, only hours and minutes). :?:

Dan

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:05:50 PM by DanS »

Offline pschnell

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
Hello,

I see that you are in version of HeavyWeather 1.1. In france, now we have a new version 1.1.3. This version correct the problem of doublons in file history.dat.
The other change is that we can go directly in folder were curdat.lst is refresh.

No other change.

For me now, it's finish. LCT accept to pay back my station, so now I have no station.
I have send to us all of problems I have found. (Rain : more than double, wind gust : not really good saved, windchill : always calculated over 10°C, and also the problem of time of re-synchronisation). Before I send my station to LCT, I have also found that sometime no connexion betheen station and Temp/Hygro gauge. I have not find why. Five week without this problem, Four days with more than 4 hours of deconnexion, and one week whitout problem ???????
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:48:43 PM by pschnell »

Offline The Missing Link

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
Thanks for your response. Yes I have v1.1 (English version) and I have no idea how to get a newer one (this one came from the American site two weeks ago...)

Rain: I know it's more than double; I heard there is a bug in the software of the receiver (the outdoor temp / hygro, it is NOT! the rainmeter itself); they are working on it and I'll get a new one soon.
I had a leaking windmeter (some seals were left out in the initial versions that were shipped; it's solved now)
Can you explain the windchill problem a bit more?
What are your problems with time-syncs? Mine seems to work fine.
I have seen some short disconnects between temp/hydro and console too; not sure if that was just me but you seem to confirm that it can happen more. Any others with this problem?

My main problem was that the USB stick prevented my Win7 64bit new PC from getting into the screensaver... as it didn't pick up on the communication the next evening anyway, I chose to plug the USB stick in only one/two weeks and get all data all at once.

My idea is to use HW software only to get the data; I'm working on an Excel tool that gets all data and shows them in nice Excel graphs (the basis is there already: I can import the data from the binary-file that HW uses already).

Offline pschnell

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 01:55:50 PM »
Hello,

For new release, and to pressure from users, LCT France have make a link for this new version : http://www.lacrossetechnology.fr/ws2800/maj_fr.htm.

I don't know if you have this new version. This version don't work with american version (it's not the same frequency beethen station and pc)

For windchill, stationcalculate correct but if you see norme of calculate windchill, this will bee calculate if wind is over 5 Km/h and temperature lest than 10°C. WS2800 station windchill is correct if wind is less than 5  Km/h but not if temperature is over 10 °C .

For synchronize, the time betheen open pc and the first synchronise is betheen 5 mn to 35 mn (Why ??)

For intempestives disconnects , i have no explication. It's very strange. I do not do some modification, So Why ???

Sorry for my bad english, I am a french body, so I Write english as spanish cow .

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:58:26 PM by pschnell »

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »
windchill should not be calculated over 10c though
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline pschnell

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
Hello,

I do not agree with GBW. The NOAA indicates that calculation of wind chill can be performed with temperatures need be to above -50 °C and below 10 °C.
And for wind : Winds need to be above 4.8 km/hr and below 177 km/hr.
In France, Météo-France indicate the sames critères.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
i think you mean you do agree?
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline pschnell

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »
Sorry GWB,

I have bad read your post (I have omit to read the 'not). Shure, I am agree.

For anyone, if you want I have make a utility that delete doublons in file history.dat (Sorry it's in french). with this utility you can aloso modifiy datas, delete one or more, line of data, add one or more line of data,....

If you want it, send me a personnal message
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:11:46 PM by pschnell »

Offline Lemine

• http://www.meteoalmennosansalvatore.it
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 02:21:04 PM »
Quote from: Lemine
Quiet day today with 20 degrees
http://www.meteoalmennosansalvatore.it

anything