Author Topic: Flyout-menu  (Read 442 times)

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
Flyout-menu
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »
I have a number of flyout-menu items that extend to two or three lines and was wondering if there is anyway to make distance between the lines a little less. As they are now, it looks like it may be three different items, rather than one menu item. You can see some examples at my site scannorthcounty.net

Thanks,

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Flyout-menu
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
Not an easy way... The menu wraps lines at about 12 characters (for menus with submenus) or 15 characters for menus without a submenu.
To keep it from wrapping, use caption="..." entries with those character counts.  Use title="..." for longer displays (with a text appearing on mouseover).

I just took a look at your site's menus and had no confusion due to the wrapping -- mousing over the menu highlights the entire entry, so no confusion about it being more than one thing (IMHO).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
Re: Flyout-menu
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »
Not an easy way... The menu wraps lines at about 12 characters (for menus with submenus) or 15 characters for menus without a submenu.
To keep it from wrapping, use caption="..." entries with those character counts.  Use title="..." for longer displays (with a text appearing on mouseover).

I just took a look at your site's menus and had no confusion due to the wrapping -- mousing over the menu highlights the entire entry, so no confusion about it being more than one thing (IMHO).

OK, thanks Ken, I will leave it alone.

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

anything