Author Topic: Warning In Validater  (Read 735 times)

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
Warning In Validater
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »
I had the same problem with the clientraw appearing above my Headar/Top and the rest of the page was missing. I had help with the new check-fetch-times in his newest updates. Still many of my fly-out.xml pages are misaligned or have error messages in then. I have ran the validator for the website and I can see there is an issue withe the coding of character set and ISO setting but at a lost to know how to fix it. Running the newest USA Templates from Ken on my site www.carolinastormwatch.com/ . It seems some of my scripts are older and some new and this seems to be the problem. The Warning from the Validator says: 

Warning Character Encoding mismatch!

The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (utf-8) is different from the value in the <meta> element (iso-8859-1). I will use the value from the HTTP header (utf-8) for this validation.

Validator offers no suggestions to fix the issue. Not sure how to begin to fix this. Ken or someone your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks,
Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Warning In Validater
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »
Hi Tom,
Your webserver is using the response header of
Content-Type:"text/html; charset=UTF-8"

I think you're running a V2 version of the WD-AJAX-PHP template set.  The V3 version has a top.php that fixes that issue.

Time to update to V3?  See here for instructions.  Since I discontinued the V2 templates in 2011, you've been fairly lucky not having major issues since then, but a lot has changed and upgrading to V3 puts you back in full-support mode :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
Hi Tom,
Your webserver is using the response header of
Content-Type:"text/html; charset=UTF-8"

I think you're running a V2 version of the WD-AJAX-PHP template set.  The V3 version has a top.php that fixes that issue.

Time to update to V3?  See here for instructions.  Since I discontinued the V2 templates in 2011, you've been fairly lucky not having major issues since then, but a lot has changed and upgrading to V3 puts you back in full-support mode :)

Hi Ken,Thanks for the note but I did update to V3 in 2011 or2012 but it is entirely possible that someway somehow I didn't get the Header/Top changed or most likely I had not changed from a V2 Fop File to V3. Anyway I knew where the problem was originating from; just not how too fix it. Yes I have having some issues but now it has gotten much worse. Also, I am listed as updating to V3 on your site??

Anyway you have pointed me in the right direction so now to tackle that issue! Thanks very much for telling me what is going on and a fix.

Tom 
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »
The top.php from the distribution is the important one .. change it and the UTF-8 v.s. ISO-8859-1 issue should be solved (and your site will be noted as a V3 site :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP