Author Topic: Barometric Pressure adjustment - Meteobridge and Acurite smart hub  (Read 1085 times)

Offline markrichardsmithmanley

• My WX Site
Hi there thanks for letting me join.  I have a question I'm stumped with, as I'm new to this.  I have the acurite 5 in 1 with smart hub, and I added the meteobridge.  All is working good but my Pressure is off.  I turned off the setting in the smart hub for pressure adjustment, and then entered my correct altitude in the meteobrige but its still quite high.

I took a snippet, of my question what number do I use for the pressure correction, as I am 673 feet ASL.  I have searched the internet and it comes back with calculators I don't understand. 

Please could someone help me.

THanks
Mark

Offline VinnyRI

Re: Barometric Pressure adjustment - Meteobridge and Acurite smart hub
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:45:05 AM »
You can make the adjustment under the weather station tab.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
There is no set number.

Find the nearest reliable source. Probably an airport.

Be sure to compare SLP to SLP and not SLP to Altimeter

If the airport is   28.5   and your station shows   29.5   then you would put a -1.0 in the correction box.

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
Make sure when adjusting that the pressure is steady and not falling or rising . That way your not chasing it to make it correct also adjust and wait an few hours to see if you need to add or subtract in the adjustment.

Offline markrichardsmithmanley

• My WX Site
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
thanks all, the AWEKAS sent me an error report, and I asked them could they work out the adjustment for me, and they did, I entered it now its spot on, with the green thumbs from Madis/CWOP rating also