Author Topic: For Sale: WeatherHawk 510 Wireless + Accessories + Software  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Michael Kruger

For Sale: WeatherHawk 510 Wireless + Accessories + Software
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
Hello, I am selling this weather station with the following items. Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

WeatherHawk WXT510 (Series 500) with all options
Serial Number = D0850003
WX/WMT v1.11
2006-08-30
WeatherHawk IP Server
RF4xx Spread Spectrum RF Transceiver - 900MHz band, Includes Antennas
WeatherHawk XP software (purchased 2011)
Weather Display software with all options (purchased 2011)
Weather Display Live Premium software with all options (purchased 2011)

Condition:
This unit was in service for less than one year during 2011 for a single project.

Everything was working when it was pulled from service. I have not tested it recently. The weather station has been boxed since it was pulled from storage and stored in climate controlled facility.

The original UPS Backup Battery has been removed before being put into storage to prevent leakage. If you want to use that feature, you will need to purchase a new one and install it yourself - very easy.

The location is in Harrison, New Jersey. You are welcome to come inspect it and pick it up here.

I have plenty of pictures available. Please message me with your email address and I will send them to you. I'm available after 6:00 PM weekdays and all day on weekends.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:44:40 PM by Michael Kruger »

Offline bobw54

Re: For Sale: WeatherHawk 510 Wireless + Accessories + Software
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
What are you asking for the station?

Bob

Offline Michael Kruger

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
Hi Bob,
I don't have any specific price in mind. I listed it on ebay for $1,000... but that was just a staring point. I would consider any reasonable offer.

Let me know what you have in mind.

-Michael

Offline Bandit

• Haire Airport Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
As a testimonial, I've had the WeatherHawk 520 (same as 510 except w/ heated wind sensors) running continuously since 2008 (with very little down time) .... it has been a GREAT system!! Rock solid performance and reliability!  This all goes along with excellent customer service from WeatherHawk.....highly recommended.  :-)

Mine can be seen in action here:  www.tx33wx.com

Richard
WeatherHawk "521"

Offline Michael Kruger

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Very cool - Thanks for the positive testimonial. I've also had excellent support from John Johnston at WeatherHawk. I originally bought two of these 510's directly from WeatherHawk and I've never had any issues.

Offline Bandit

• Haire Airport Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »
You're very welcome!  I also bought mine directly from WeatherHawk and experienced the GREAT support from John......he's actually retired now (as of the last part of 2015).  I'm about 30 mi. north of Dallas/Ft.Worth.....he has family in DFW and has actually come up to my place a couple of times.....the first time was an actual tech support visit back when I was running the 900 series WeatherHawk......and last Spring he just came up for a visit.  He's living in Northern New Mexico now........anyway, hope your system sells soon!
Richard
WeatherHawk "521"

Offline bobw54

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »
Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I'm on the fence with this because what I actually need is a replacement Vaisala 510 to replace the one that got knocked off the roof here at home by the shingles that were ripped off by the 100 Kmph winds last week. Finding NOS or gently used will require some luck and I miss having the station already. Trying to decide if I should wait a bit - I like wired systems - or buy yours or something similar and sell of the Columbia bits and pieces. Give me few days to mull.

Offline Michael Kruger

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »
Hi Bob,
Sounds good - take all the time you need. This one has been very gently used. It has not been in any major storms, only some light rain. It was used in the dry season in Costa Rica for several months, but that's it. In terms of wear and tear, it shows some discoloration of the plastic from the sun, but other than that it's in good shape.

-Michael

Offline bobw54

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
Michael - have given this some thought - although I appreciate the value of your Weatherhawk system at your opening price on fleabay, I reckon I should be able to find a used 510 for around $500 as long as the wait / search time doesn't kill me first.

Offline Michael Kruger

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
Bob,
I'm sending you a PM.

Offline Michael Kruger

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 07:07:40 PM »
This item is no longer for sale.

anything