Author Topic: Weather34 template(non meteobridge versions)  (Read 119358 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2017, 08:03:24 AM »

LOCAL TIME ? position 1  clock is moved to the top right , i am missing something ?

what does timeout mean ?

I didnt notice it had moved, one has an empty box saying Local time (timeout, cause it's not in ;) :D )
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template updated
« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »
VERSION 3.4-X5(E) and (WXSIM-2) (3rd Aug July 2017) Updated Release
  - Nexstorm NSRealtime support added as optional top module .simply add your path to your NSRealtime.txt and choose a position in the easyweathersetup.*note you need to be generating a NSRealtime. .

VERSION 3.4-X5(WXSIM-2) (3rd Aug July 2017) Updated Release
  - Better adaption to some languages with shortend conditions .
  - Reduced icon size in current conditions module .
  - Current conditions better alignment for some languages tested with german,dutch,italian .
  - Extra feature added to easyweathersetup to allow limit of forecast detail output as this varies from user to user.. .
  - Extra icons added for extreme conditions
  - Italian,Dutch,German languages better alignment for longer wording
  - IMPORTANT CLEAN INSTALL IS REQUIRED IT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL SEE THE LATEST CHANGES AND FIXES....PS CLEAR BROWSER CACHE AFTERWARDS ESPECIALLY CHROME!!

VERSION 3.4-X5(WXSIM) (1st Aug July 2017) New Release
  - Special thanks to Ken True(Saratoga) for allowing use of his scripts .
  - Special thanks to Tom Hackett(Sherman CT) for testing daily and providing constructive clear feedback .
  - Special thanks to Tony (HRVISTA) for testing daily and providing ongoing constructive ideas .
  - WXSIM forecast and summary available in this version only *you must be using WXSIM software and generate a plaintext.txt file
  - Simple straightforward easy weather setup just add your http:// URL to your plaintext.txt file on your server

VERSION 3.4-X5E (1st Aug July 2017) Updated
  - weather display clientraw added extra sensor top module called wdsecondsensor.php availavle to select in easyweather setup. .
  - minor fix for sunindex.php where A-index info incorrect info .
  - earthquake.php top module removed from location replaced with distance
  - currentconditionswd.php added better replacement word strings and color coding for conditions

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

have fun off on holiday for two weeks :-) yeeeearrrgh ...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:00:03 PM by weatherist34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2017, 03:53:50 AM »
Please read below and understand the decision. I will in no doubt get a response you will lose users , Ive always said all along that has never been the motive and if I published the user count of installations on different urls you would be quite shocked, it exceeds 1200 as of April 30th 2017 what is today I have no idea or inclination to pursue and it is only a very small percentage if you compare to how many registered users there are on the popular weather forums all over the world. So please understand my decision and when I say sorry I truly mean it because many of you have contributed so much over the last two years but its become a chore to work in multiple languages in fact it is not fun or enjoyable anymore .Ive always tried to keep everything useable without losing the originality of the design which began in 2015 from a piece of notepad paper in the back of a taxi .Always i wanted a minimal design with enough information to keep the interest or curiosity when viewing , there are multiple templates available on these forums that cater for languages and far more in depth information,statistics and so on, so not all is lost there are alternatives to choose from.

VERSION 3.4-X5(E) and (WXSIM-2) (4th Aug July 2017) *Important
  - As of September 1st 2017 there will be no more language support or inclusion of languages in this template or any future versions .It has become incredibly difficult to design in many languages , this is not because of the script process it is simply down to word variation lengths and it has become nigh on impossible to actually produce a clean design in multiple languages .
It doesnt which language if it was only one language doesnt matter which language it would be easy to maintain to design for so it is not a prejudice approach or thought, it is just a fact it is nigh on impossible to get right and with 27 languages it is not an easy task to find a balance visually .
This was recently very apparent when putting together the WXSIM add on the biggest obstacle to match the WXSIM feature to the rest of the design was word variation lengths across different languages.So therefore I sincerely apologize all future releases will be available in english only . The language support feature will be removed and no support going forward will be available for languages other than english or turkish..
So this version available now today is the last version to support multiple languages ..So sorry Brian..

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2017, 06:05:48 AM »
100% understand your decision....

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
Understood, i have the latest wxSim version with cloudbase running sweet, thanks :)
https://www.brecklandweather.com/Weather34-X5wxsim/

secure to, not got a clue how, i aint bought a cert   :? :shock:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:27:05 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
Might I just add if you guys do not know whats going on, Brian has decided to call it a Day...

for more information, please feel free to take a look at the following link...

http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&start=870#p125973
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline nitrx

• Senior Contributor
    • Apeldoorn-Oost The Netherlands
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
Very sad story but I can imagine why Brian did this
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:15:30 PM by nitrx »
Ron
Cumulus software
Apeldoorn NL
http://www.apeldoornmeteo.nl

several languages

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Developing a template is unfortunately not an easy task, not just in terms of the actual code, if any one of you ever tries you will probably find the hard way.

All I can say about your decision Brian is that it is with regret, but I understand... totally

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard Project is finished
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2017, 04:10:36 AM »
Good morning ,afternoon,evening

a long rhetoric and winded post but the last I want to say on the matter.

I thought i would do the honourable thing and explain my decision however you are free to make your own judgement,assumption . Im not going to force the opinion
you see it how you wish.

A few days ago i received a request via email for some help , nothing unusual there and that has become the normal morning ritual, I had often dealt with most requests,issues first thing in the morning with a pint of filtered coffee :-) gets the old brain into top gear..

However I always check the url for any simple solutions 95% of time I could resolve an issue with a few email exchanges, but this one particular simply caught my
eye , on first appearance you would think nothing of it then that little "designed by weathersoft.com.au " , but that little simple change of wording drew my curiosity and as i look further into there or his website it became quite obvious and looking further at the detail on a services page we find "has now been replaced with a brand new site designed and implemented by WeatherSoft" .

Too many you will be thinking well thats the way it is the internet is like that , however now put yourself in to my shoes having spent two years collaborating with many weather enthusiasts to create a good looking useable functional template that simply showed you your personal weather station .
Many enthusiasts forwarded ideas, tested versions and wether there input was small or significant what mattered is collabaration helped get the template where it is or was yesterday prior to the decision I took. I felt cheated and totally disillusioned and that was the final tipping point and I made the decision enough is enough.

I was in no way going to sit week in week out continuously implementing ideas forwarded, improvements and so on so someone could sell and use that work for there own personal financial gain. Absolutely no way it is an insult and you simply feel totally cheated and the trust factor diminishes rapidly.

The only way to continue was to start encrypting some of the code , with each issue add on a unique ID then issue the download via request so this all indicated my trust had disappeared and I simply didn't want to do that its just another additional time consuming process and unnecessary to 99% of the ones that use it ..
it leaves a horrible gut feeling inside you.. but as they say "if you leave your car window open with the keys in the ignition then who is to blame"..its the nature of the mindset of the minority that will say to themselves lets take it !!

So has i mentioned on the Cumulus forum
"first and foremost lets not beat around the bush you want to make money ? from something that is offered for free"

but as much as he tried to throw the obvious into different directions the bottom line was

"first and foremost lets not beat around the bush you want to make money ? from something that is offered for free"

so there you are and I received some 122 emails yesterday and overnight not one of them is saying anything other than we are sorry and dissapointed by the actions of an individual , i wont repeat the exact words in most of them . bit I sincerely thank you for your support,kind words and understanding..

but two of the emails,pm really stood out and I think I did create something good didn't I ?
I did create something usable and fresh in design for weather enthusiasts because that was my simple goal from over 2 years ago now .

so here the extracts of those two emails,pm it really was telling me I did create something good didn't I ?

Dear Brian,
I'm so sorry to hear about the wanton plagiarism of your code by a miscreant claiming it as his own, and for sale even!
Makes me very angry both for the callousness of the person who lifted/claimed your code, and the demoralizing effect it has had on you.  Your code is elegant and highly functional, and to have you withdraw from it is a great loss to the weather community as your work enjoyed otherwise wide support and acclimation.  I hope, in time, you might reconsider and pick up the code again.

Ken..Saratoga Creator

Brian,
I finally got your template to work with your latest version…now that I got a WU API key.  I love that template so much and have tried just about all the weather station software out there.  Nothing compares to the elegant yet nicely laid out design you have made.  I would like to remove a couple things on the menu bar like the Celcius stuff, but will not even ask you.  It will be a real challenge to figure it out.  I just browed the WX forum and am deeply saddened by what some idiot has done.  I am 56 years old and have been playing with weather as long as I can remember.  I went the way of the Network Engineer, and I am now retired.  I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a nice piece of software!  I will use it for the rest of my days.  I fully support your decision about calling it quits.  When a hobby becomes a job it takes the fun out of it…and when someone steals from you to make a profit, it makes you no less than pissed off!

Again,
Your software is the only thing I will ever want.  Thank you for such a perfect way to get the data I want at my fingertips whenever I am at my computer…
Have a wonderful life and know that there are at least a thousand people telling 10,000 more about your stellar work.

Sincerely,

Michael A......

"Just to add my thanks and admiration for what you've done, your template is truly beautiful as well as functional, you have such a talent for what you do.
"
Steve..Cumulus Software creator

lets not forget Erik Madsen(translation idea), Eric Rechlin(theme switching),Wim (meteobridge solutions) , Tony (HRvista- created unreleased mysql for cumulus/MX users) 

The what would of have been September release.

All modules have optional positions so all twelve modules you could choose what positions you wanted particular data to shown in and a blank module to create
your own or turn off something that was not relevant to your weather station
3 extra optional top modules to show extra sensors last version has one extra sensor module.
Meteobridge API users mysql database usage bypass weather underground and use your own data with ,mysql(i) database for charts.
Cumulus/MX users bypass weather underground and use your own data with ,mysql(i) database for charts.

but sadly it was not to be..

so I want thank you all that participated wether it was something small or significant it all counted..

so its not a take care and good bye cruel Im leaving you today, Im still around but there will be no updates or releases under any circumstances released from weather34, if make exception for one I have to make it for all and I simply don't want to fall into that trap..

alternatives:

Saratoga http://saratoga-weather.org/template/
Leuven https://support.leuven-template.eu
Meteotemplate http://meteotemplate.com
Cumulus http://weatherbyyou.com

there are more I am sure ..

brian

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:25:22 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »
Hi Brian,

thanks, once again thank you for what you have done for the community, I am deeply disappointed by the attitude of some people and unfortunately, we both know that offering a template like this - in PHP, JS etc. means you can never hide anything and if someone knows the code well, sooner or later they will be able to delete any potential measures you take to try to prevent this.

I fully understand how you feel and let me just add one personal fact - what do you think was the main and final reason I changed from open downloads to requests (apart from distributing the load on the server).... And it is also true that if we assume the percentage of these what I call "problematic users" is always the same, it is unfortunately the case that with more and more people using your template, you will come across these "problematic users" more and more often. It is then only a matter of time how long one can bear it. I know this did not happen for the first time to you.

All this is basically dependent on trust and in the meantime, for me, you, Wim, Ken... it is a hobby and so once it is no longer a hobby, and becomes something that is worrying you, stressing you, or in your case most likely very annoying you, there really is no point in continuing.

I always really liked your template, helped you with it in a small way too and always recommended it when someone was looking for a more simple, clean and 100% responsive design. In that respect one would probably not find an alternative.

I wish you the very best, hope you find some other hobby or way of using your time, something that you will really enjoy and if you keep coming here just to check and there and then comment on general things, you are more than welcome by all of us.

Jachym

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #285 on: August 08, 2017, 09:17:42 AM »
Brian,

I am so sorry to learn that some have taken advantage of your hard work and dedication to the weather hobbyist community. I navigated to your site this morning, to download the latest update, and discovered the sad news. Your template, was and is, truly outstanding. It's unfortunate that a few bad actors are able to spoil a generous gift.

I certainly understand your decision, and I thank you for your dedicated contributions.

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #286 on: August 08, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
Brian,

I am so sorry to learn that some have taken advantage of your hard work and dedication to the weather hobbyist community. I navigated to your site this morning, to download the latest update, and discovered the sad news. Your template, was and is, truly outstanding. It's unfortunate that a few bad actors are able to spoil a generous gift.

I certainly understand your decision, and I thank you for your dedicated contributions.

Chuck

Chuck could you contact me via email I have a 77 year old man from Carolina needing some assistance with meteobridge..it would be  gratefully appreciated..brian

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #287 on: August 08, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »
Brian,

Sent you a PM.

Chuck

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
« Reply #288 on: August 08, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »
Hi Brian,

I can not believe what I've just read.........some person has stolen your code and is portraying it as his own, yes I checked his website, there must be something we can all do to get rid of this jerk.

Personally I hate people with a passion who steal others efforts, none of us would be here if the likes of Ken were not around.  After all, the likes of Ken started most if not all of us off on this journey with his templates, that's why he gets all the deserved credit, as mentioned on our own sites - it's the right thing to do - it's just a shame that Brian didn't somehow copyright the template software, but I fully understand where he's coming from, it started as a hobby, you trust your fellow users, you end up with something awesome - then some piece of S*** comes along and takes it under his wing. 

What a huge shame and disrespect to Brian for what this person has done.

Sorry to lose you Brian, you didn't deserve that, as Jachym said, please come by and check us all out.

All the best Nick. dw7240.com.

P.S. Sorry for the above, just feel strongly about this, but before I put both my feet into this and get it all wrong, I just went back to the offending website and this is what I read...........

When creating a web site, oftentimes other people’s work is leveraged. In my case, I would like to acknowledge the tireless work that has been put in by Brian Underdown of weather34.com to create his wonderful weather template known as “weather34”. This template is what has been used to create the site at hastingsweather.com.au as well as being used for many other weather sites around the world. It is a beautiful template with responsive design, flexible layout for viewing on mobile devices, rich graphics and charts.

The weather34 template is available for download at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ under a Creative Commons license. Thanks to Brian for his work and for his contribution to the weather community.

Clearly this website is trying to sell the template, but that's not clear from what I've read, and yes he's talking about customization, but users on here have done the same thing, maybe there needs to be some clarification on this.

My opinion on this is that one of us on here should contact the website owner (David) and ask what his services entail and at what cost, then say why are you charging for something that is free ?

Nick. dw7240.com.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:00:36 PM by DW7240 »

Offline wxthomson

• http://www.minnetonkaweather.com
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
I too have visited his website as I'm sure a lot of us have.

Unless it has been removed, I don't see anything about selling a template.

All I see is that he is trying to sell his services to someone wanting to have a website of their own.
He acknowledges that his website is based on Brian's work and has provided a link to Brian's site.

I don't see why anyone would purchase his services when Brian has made it very easy to set his template up for even the novice.
And, Brian has always been willing to help when we get stuck.

I hope Brian takes a few days and will reconsider and not let this guy try to take away from what he has accomplished.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2017, 07:56:39 PM »
the offending part has been removed I see now
http://hastingsweather.com.au/index.php

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
The page looked different 2 days ago...

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »
The page looked different 2 days ago...

Anyone get screenshots of what it looked like then?
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
Brian had posted a screen shot http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&start=15#p125973
and the weathersoft site was different than it is now.  The author of weathersoft, David Finlay, has changed and added wording now to acknowledge Brian's work which wasn't there before, and he has also edited his blog, which before clearly stated in more than one location that it was designed by weathersoft and no acknowledgement of Brian at all!!

Paul

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
problem is, the damage has been done  :shock:

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2017, 02:30:05 AM »
Hi Brian,

I can not believe what I've just read.........some person has stolen your code and is portraying it as his own, yes I checked his website, there must be something we can all do to get rid of this jerk.

Personally I hate people with a passion who steal others efforts, none of us would be here if the likes of Ken were not around.  After all, the likes of Ken started most if not all of us off on this journey with his templates, that's why he gets all the deserved credit, as mentioned on our own sites - it's the right thing to do - it's just a shame that Brian didn't somehow copyright the template software, but I fully understand where he's coming from, it started as a hobby, you trust your fellow users, you end up with something awesome - then some piece of S*** comes along and takes it under his wing. 

What a huge shame and disrespect to Brian for what this person has done.

Sorry to lose you Brian, you didn't deserve that, as Jachym said, please come by and check us all out.

All the best Nick. dw7240.com.

P.S. Sorry for the above, just feel strongly about this, but before I put both my feet into this and get it all wrong, I just went back to the offending website and this is what I read...........

When creating a web site, oftentimes other people’s work is leveraged. In my case, I would like to acknowledge the tireless work that has been put in by Brian Underdown of weather34.com to create his wonderful weather template known as “weather34”. This template is what has been used to create the site at hastingsweather.com.au as well as being used for many other weather sites around the world. It is a beautiful template with responsive design, flexible layout for viewing on mobile devices, rich graphics and charts.

The weather34 template is available for download at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ under a Creative Commons license. Thanks to Brian for his work and for his contribution to the weather community.

Clearly this website is trying to sell the template, but that's not clear from what I've read, and yes he's talking about customization, but users on here have done the same thing, maybe there needs to be some clarification on this.

My opinion on this is that one of us on here should contact the website owner (David) and ask what his services entail and at what cost, then say why are you charging for something that is free ?

Nick. dw7240.com.

As I said you can make any judgement you wish and the guy has reworded and changed it.

I am not or was not against customization that's the one of the most productive parts and if I made a template that allowed you to successfully customize to your requirements then I did something right didn't I? I listened and added requests albeit slowly but I always wanted ideas to work with the rest of design..

but let's be totally clear about the guy ,replaced all designed by weather34.com with designed by weathersoft.au.com in his services page he clearly stated offering the template designed by weathersoft.au.com , he also had a section how he designed the template for a yacht club..

His response began with ooops ! Yeah right do I look dumb mr David Findlay then responses
Of well I followed the licenses but he didn't follow the license conditions as I pointed out to him.
So no matter how you looked at it he was caught red handed offering the template for his own financial gain .
He never once defended that or denied he just threw back licenses ..he also tried to cover up designed weather34 .com with his weathersoft domain by saying the license permitted it.

So I can only say what you see now on his website was not there 2 days ago. So is it a sign of guilt ? As I replied to him whatever amendments you make do it because it's honest .

My decision to call it day was not solely based on this individuals actions it was the tipping point  he was not the first and would have not been the last.

So you are going to be thinking we why not just keep it has a download , quite simple  I don't want to deal with this type of thing anymore , I can't control these type of actions  neither do I want to that is just the sad state and mindset of a minority that we have to tolerate..

As I sent out last night in a staggered  bulk email this actually was a community collaborative result without all those small issues highlighted over the last two years or more and those requests of specific data values or changes to suit a particular piece of hardware or software it would never become what it was quite simple it was not all down to me I just made them work in the design .

I wish I had put designed by weather34.com and the weather community ..

So make whatever judgement you wish what is done is done and I have no inclination to continue.. I felt totally cheated , disheartened and demoralized.

and yes you are totally correct taking the means to protect via copyright or something along them lines Im to blame as much as him , i left my door unlocked with the keys in it ! but you would also think for something that is a hobby and enjoyment why would you have to go down that path ..but there we are lesson learnt ..

I repeat it leaves a horrible gut feeling inside you.. but as they say "if you leave your car window open with the keys in the ignition then who is to blame"..its the nature of the mindset of the minority that will say to themselves lets take it !!..

Brian
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:10:14 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2017, 04:32:29 AM »
and Instead . . .he selling his services using Brian's Template and also avoiding Brians credit, this is why I understand Brian's feelings and decisions, I Hope he doesnt have Jachym' Template yet and too bad I didnt download brian's latest Templates because im too busy relocating my new house in Mindanao area. and as I look on that web site that person did to Brian's templates, still he manages to published it in the webpage using for his business, anyway the huge Damage has done. Im still have to thank Brian for his amazing Templates although I didnt DL his latest template because im too busy nowadays which my whole website is temporary unapdated with realtime Data since last June 5,2017 sorry for that but dont worry it will be soon be restored on place.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:34:13 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
too bad I didnt download brian's latest Templates because im too busy relocating my new house in Mindanao area. and as I look on that web site that person did to Brian's templates,

I have a copy of the zip file if you need it.  PM me for the link.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
Brian had posted a screen shot http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&start=15#p125973
and the weathersoft site was different than it is now.  The author of weathersoft, David Finlay, has changed and added wording now to acknowledge Brian's work which wasn't there before, and he has also edited his blog, which before clearly stated in more than one location that it was designed by weathersoft and no acknowledgement of Brian at all!!

Paul

screen shot is here:

http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&start=870#p125973

also I posted one from weather$oft'$ page.

http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&start=885#p125992

Whether or not the sites have been updated is not the issue.

the Fact is Weather$oft blatantly plagiarised Brains work. and no doubt  hastingsweather.com.au were told Weather$oft was the designer of that site.

Also once of the posts on weather$oft.com.au has been edited to now give full recognition to Brian and his work.

but..

He - David Finlay - failed to explain the reason the download is now not available, NOR why Brian has given up on his 2 year project.

He might live with his guilt, but shaming himself maybe a step to far, and then others would know of his guilt too.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:19:03 PM by Toxic »
Regards Simon

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
The major problem in this case is that with web apps, you cannot prevent it. As long as the service you provide is not running on your server - i.e. you do not have control over it, people will always be able to do whatever they want because due to its very nature, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS... they are all open-source and with sufficient knowledge you can modify or remove any protection mechanisms. As far as I know, this was not the first time it happened to Brian, would probably happen again and did happen to me as well...