Author Topic: WS-1400-IP disconnects from server  (Read 8034 times)

Offline kentm

Re: WS-1400-IP disconnects from server
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
Problem solved. In all this server/transfer ,reboot, update etc. I entered the wrong number in the station settings regarding Station identifier. While it says password, that blank really means "station Key" . I am back on the air now.

Thanks for the complete assistance provided by Ed at AMB WX.

Kentm
If everything appears to be going smoothly, you have overlooked something!!!

Offline sreeb

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:16 AM »
Version 3.1.2 fixed my problems while working with a static ip address.

From the ambient website, it looks WU switched over to cloud based  servers and their may be some stale DNS data.

Offline kentm

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Same for me also. Downloaded and installed 3.1.2 
Static IP now working...
If everything appears to be going smoothly, you have overlooked something!!!

Offline greatg

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2017, 02:11:42 PM »
Updated to 3.1.2 and changed to a static IP. Rebooted, now my server LED isn't on and no data going out?

Also, when set on DHCP, all data is being sent except for my pressure? It appears in my table randomly?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:22:32 PM by greatg »

Offline Zippy114

• My PWS on Weather Underground
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
Hi all,
I think i may have figured something out (after some WireShark sniffing).  My theory: a DHCP refresh does not update the DNS server IP address used by the WS-1400-IP.  Static IP should work.  If you use DHCP and are having server disconnect issues, try this.  In the Local Network tab, set the IP Address pull-down to Static, then fill in the fields as appropriate - Static IP Address is the address shown in your web link, subnet mask should not need to change, default gateway is usually your router IP, and (important) set the Static DNS Server to what your router is using (or your router itself if your router caches DNS).  If you don't know your default gateway or DNS server, open a command prompt in Windows, type "ipconfig /all", and look for "Default Gateway" and "DNS Servers". Once entered do Apply, Reboot (maybe not necessary).  After reboot go back to the Local Network tab and see that the Static DNS Server value is the one you entered.  Re-set the IP Address pull-down to DHCP then Apply, Reboot.  If my inkling is correct, all should work.  Pls report ...

Offline Zippy114

• My PWS on Weather Underground
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
of note: my above condition is claimed to be fixed in firmware update 3.1.6 (have not verified)

anything