Author Topic: Summary / temperature  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Guillermo Villan

• Ing. Eléctrical
    • WXElortondo - Estación Meteorológica Automática de Elortondo
Summary / temperature
« on: July 02, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »
In the summary / temperature word template as set the current weather concición?, The query is because we generally this information is incorrect. Alctualmente says such clear and is fully covered.
There are some additional configuration to make the squad?
regards

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Summary / temperature
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
Hi,

In your Settings-weather.php file you have
Code: [Select]
$SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'KSJC';  // set to nearby METAR for current conditions icon/text
which means you are showing the icon/conditions text for MY local METAR (KSJC = "San Jose, California")

I'd suggest you change it to
$SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'SAAR'; // dist=49 mi (80 km), dir=NE, Rosario Airport, Argentina elev=25, dated=07-FEB-05
as your closest METAR station (80 km NE of your location).

If that station is not acceptable to you, then just comment out the line like this
// $SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'KSJC';  // set to nearby METAR for current conditions icon/text
and your home page will no longer try to display a condition icon/condition summary.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Guillermo Villan

• Ing. Eléctrical
    • WXElortondo - Estación Meteorológica Automática de Elortondo
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:10:33 AM »
Once again thank you very much, Ken.

Hi,

In your Settings-weather.php file you have
$SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'KSJC';  // set to nearby METAR for current conditions icon/text
which means you are showing the icon/conditions text for MY local METAR (KSJC = "San Jose, California")

I'd suggest you change it to
$SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'SAAR'; // dist=49 mi (80 km), dir=NE, Rosario Airport, Argentina elev=25, dated=07-FEB-05
as your closest METAR station (80 km NE of your location).

If that station is not acceptable to you, then just comment out the line like this
// $SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'KSJC';  // set to nearby METAR for current conditions icon/text
and your home page will no longer try to display a condition icon/condition summary.

Best regards,
Ken

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
I realize that this is an old thread, but my icon on the home page is not always updating properly. Right now it is snowing and the icon is sunny.

As shown in a previous reply in this thread, I looked in my Settings-weather file and find no mention of the metar. Since this is an old thread, has this function been moved elsewhere?

I am using weather Display as my software. http://scannorthcounty.net

Thanks,

John
John
Westminster, MA USA