Author Topic: Software choices for WMR 100N  (Read 9050 times)

Offline qwert007

Software choices for WMR 100N
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:39:44 AM »
Hi all I recently purchased an Oregon Sceintific WMR100N. I really like it but now I have been thinking of getting a program so I can log the data on my computer and also maybe post it to a website. From my initial research it seems that only Ambient Weather and Weather Display work with the WMR100 is this correct or are there any other programs I can use? Which one would be the easier program to try and get a website online with?

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
Re: Software choices for WMR 100N
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 04:04:17 AM »
Hi all I recently purchased an Oregon Sceintific WMR100N. I really like it but now I have been thinking of getting a program so I can log the data on my computer and also maybe post it to a website. From my initial research it seems that only Ambient Weather and Weather Display work with the WMR100 is this correct or are there any other programs I can use? Which one would be the easier program to try and get a website online with?

qwerty007, you are correct in your assumption that you only have a choice of two, Virtual Weather Station and Weather Display. Both offer a free 30 day trial, but remember it will be a basic version. If you wanted to post your data on the internet you would require an upgrade. 

Try them both and see which is best for you, I did with my WMR100.

Alan
Alan

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:56:57 AM »
The VWS trial is the full version with internet functionality, at least it was when I demo in Dec 2005 / Jan 2006

Andrew

ps: still is "30-Day Trial Virtual Weather Station provides a 30-day trial period. The trial version is fully functional, and includes Base, Pro and Internet Edition features."

http://www.ambientweather.com/do30tr.html

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »
Thanks Andrew, I had my trial version of VWS a year ago when I first had my station. I was very green then, mind you not a lot has changed.  #-o 

I would be completely lost without you guys.

Alan
Alan

Offline aweatherguy

• Senior Contributor
    • Weather Station Data Logger
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:08:35 PM »
Now you have another choice for WMR100 data logging software, the Weather Station Data Logger. This is freeware hosted on sourceforge.net. The project web page is here:

http://wmrx00.sourceforge.net

It is capable of logging all of the important data from the WMR100/RMS300 weather stations. It has other features including the ability to upload data to Weather Underground. I'm considering enhancing it to support web page generation and would like to hear from users on this topic. If you are interested in this capability, or other enhancements, you can post comments on the SourceForge forum for the project. Go to this URL to find the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wmrx00

I hope you find this software useful and look forward to hearing feedback from users!

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »
Try phoning Ambient.  Since it was so long ago that you used your "free Trial"  period, but did not actually use the program, Ed may be able to set you up with another "trial"

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27