Author Topic: MADIS QC dew point.  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
MADIS QC dew point.
« on: October 06, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
I periodically check the quality control page for my weather station just for fun. Today I went on a found a ridiculous spike in the dew point. Instinctively I check Weather Display to see if my humidity sensor is going out being this has been reported in the past. All clear there. Then I went to check neighboring stations and found the same thing.

I'm not sure the cause of the blip. I used to be on the WXQC mail list until the emails started cluttering my inbox. Not to mention some of the snoots on there ;)

Anyway I don't hear updates on failures anymore so if anyone can enlighten me please do.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: MADIS QC dew point.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:26 PM »
If I'm reading CWOP's charts correctly, it appears the problem glitch is with their analysis/comparison source not your data.  (at least the one from 5 Oct.). I see this from them pretty often too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:19:31 PM by DanS »

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:23:21 PM »
Dan S is correct... there have been a couple of glitches on mine also... some "comparison" station probably went haywire for awhile... it happens...
Mike

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
I win, I win, yahoo. My dew point error along with the local metars and most stations are showing an error of nearly 34000 degrees F. lol. The night time are ok but the daytime dewpoint error is around 650 F. I guess the earth is moving towards the sun lol.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
Just an update, this has been ongoing for a month now and i emailed them over the weekend about the problem but so far no joy. I wonder who takes care of such problems or do they even care. I haven't even got an email that they are looking into it. It seems that if i can keep my station info as accurate as possible and up load it to them they could at least keep their end working right especially after being notified of a problem. I hate red x's so much.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:08:44 AM »
Just an update, this has been ongoing for a month now and i emailed them over the weekend about the problem but so far no joy. I wonder who takes care of such problems or do they even care. I haven't even got an email that they are looking into it. It seems that if i can keep my station info as accurate as possible and up load it to them they could at least keep their end working right especially after being notified of a problem. I hate red x's so much.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Yep... me too.   I'm carrying a Red X on dewpoint right now.  Reason is that I took the tower and VUE ISS down for maintenance, and forgot to disable the console so it wouldn't receive the transmissions.  #-o Needless to say, for about 2 hours the station reported absurd readings, for temperature and humidity, resulting in
Worst standard deviation 9.3 °F 15.0 °F 1.0 °F
 Now, from a previous experience, it'll probably take a month for the red X to average out, and return to my 'normal' pretty darn good accuracy. Still got two thumbs up, though...   :roll:
Look:  (current) http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/D5536

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
Well yours is at least somewhat beliveable, take a look at mine and at the bottom of the page the nearby stations including the metars, makes you laugh. http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/AT358

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
Well yours is at least somewhat beliveable, take a look at mine and at the bottom of the page the nearby stations including the metars, makes you laugh. http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/AT358
Holy New Laws of Physics, Batman!  You've obviously sited your station inside a Worm Hole.  try this email: cwop-support@noaa.gov

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »

You need to adjust that their, dewpoint. 33,903 degrees is just the worst deviation I've ever seen.  :lol:
Randy

anything