Author Topic: RJ11 Splitter on a WMII?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Red-Dave

• Weather Geek
  • Contributor
    • AfftonWeather.com
RJ11 Splitter on a WMII?
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:28 AM »
Maybe a dumb question, I admit. But, what would happen if I were to split the wired rj11 connectors from the three sensor feeds before they feed a WMII? I'm toying with the idea of sending a hard feed to the console but also to a Sensor Link transmitter for some Weather Echos to read around the house. Would that work at all or am I asking for trouble?
Thanks all.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: RJ11 Splitter on a WMII?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:58 AM »
Sure way would be to use a Sensor Link receiver or a Console Link in the WMII

Offline Red-Dave

• Weather Geek
  • Contributor
    • AfftonWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 11:34:28 AM »
Well, to clarify a little-

Current setup-
WMII wired setup with a Console Link transmitter behind the WMII which transmits to the Weather Echo units and 1 Vantage Pro reciever. Works great.

But, I also have a currently unused Sensor Link transmitter. I'd like to test it for a few days without interrupting the wired data flow to the WMII. I tried to use it alone to feed the WMII with a Console Link reciever a while back, but it didn't play nice. It skewed some data, like the wind direction was out of whack etc. Hence the need to test it.

Proposed Setup-
As described above, I'd like to continue the wired flow to the WMII (which stll has the Console Link transmitter sending on ch.1) but also use splitters to split data over to the Sensor Link transmitting on another channel to check it's output on the various receivers I have.

I'm concerned about the use of splitters messing with the accuracy of the sensor feed. Just tinkering around trying to assess the condition of that Sensor Link transmitter.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 03:38:18 PM »
I read somewhere (maybe this forum?) about a guy who split the cabled WM II to feed two consoles.  A search might find it.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
I read somewhere (maybe this forum?) about a guy who split the cabled WM II to feed two consoles.  A search might find it.

That works fine on my cabled VP2.  It would be logical to think it might work on the WM II.