Author Topic: Cloud Time Lapse Junkie...  (Read 622 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Cloud Time Lapse Junkie...
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »
One of the things that intrigued me most about time lapse photography was clouds....  They do incredible things that we can't see with the naked eye. 

In my opinion, there are three types of photography.

Beautiful still images capture the "moment"..... I am in awe of the "moments" that the incredibly talented photographers in this forum have captured.  I could start naming some, but it would be VERY incomplete because there is awesome talent coming up behind us or they have been reluctant to share.... Please share...

Video photography captures what we see....  Real time

But.... Time lapse "should" tell a story.  That is my intention with all the videos I share.  What happened prior to and immediately after the "moment" the great photographers in this forum have captured.  What caused that "moment"?

Today, you would not have seen what happened if you were living here and looking up at the clouds. It was a normal day. 

I just thought I would share this to show the power of time lapse.  This day was lost without time lapse....

Yup... I'm a "Cloud Time Lapse Junkie"

Greg

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:43:57 AM by GregJ »
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline yahtah

• Forecaster
  • Too soon old, too late smart.
Re: Cloud Time Lapse Junkie...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:00:15 PM »
You are absolutely correct: only time lapse can tell the story of the weather as it occurs! You have such a great vantage point and have done incredible things with your captures, including synchronizing three cameras and stitching them together. You are the master!  =D>
-Lee

Davis VP2, Meteostick, RPi Meteohub, KCACALIF33
working on an RPi webcam and a 30 ft. flagpole...

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Lee!

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 07:12:00 AM »
Nice video Greg. I guess I could call my self a "Cloud Time Lapse Junkie" as well. I just started working on a complication of some of my better cloud Time Lapses hopefully can get it done over the winter.

Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS