Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 629813 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #3525 on: July 26, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
Yes, it is embarassing indeed - but not for you but for WU, they should have mechanisms to deal with this - 76in of rain in 5 minutes.... very likely :D Not to mention that they cannot even calculate the min/max right when you have data missing

Offline wxthomson

• http://www.minnetonkaweather.com
« Reply #3526 on: July 26, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
Love the Control Panel.
Will make things so much easier.
Thanks for what you do!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3527 on: July 26, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
Will make things so much easier.

Once you get used to it and take the time to update all the necessary plugins it will :-) This was the best I could do in terms of you having the least work with it.

Offline KC5JIM

• Senior Contributor
    • KC5JIM Weather
« Reply #3528 on: July 26, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »
I'm now back to a believable 4.26" of rain for the year.

Thanks again for looking at this and giving me direction.
Ecowitt Wittboy| FOSHKplugin on Pi 4

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3529 on: July 26, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
It was actually useful as well because I realized there should be some kind of a function that would allow you to reset daily rain. Like this since it is a cumulative value, if it rains just after midnight you have to delete it one by one for each record (unless you are familiar with phpMyAdmin obviously, but many users are not...)

Offline KC5JIM

• Senior Contributor
    • KC5JIM Weather
« Reply #3530 on: July 26, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
Excellent - we both learned from this!
Ecowitt Wittboy| FOSHKplugin on Pi 4

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #3531 on: July 26, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
I just have to say it again.  I am in awe over how much you have done.  I can truly say you have done an amazing job.  With every tweak you make it just gets better.  I am proud to be a Meteo user and find it to be such a useful and fun way to not only enjoy my hobby but to learn as well.  The support and help you provide is far better than any other software or hardware support I have ever needed and I have to thank you.

HATS OFF TO JACHYM!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #3532 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
Jachym can have my hat also!

All updates to 8.0 done I think, only problems were self generated, either fat fingers or crossed eyes!

Bill

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3533 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
Thanks a lot guys.

One funny thing, slightly off-topic :D :D :D

I think I mentioned it several times in the past. I have a very cheap FineOffset plastic weather station, which in addition is sited absolutely inadequately. Unfortunately, I do not have the possibility of placing it anywhere else than right on top of an asphalt roof and the wind sensor is above the roof but I am surrounded with much higher buildings... Overall it means that the data is only correct in terms of pressure and the temperature and humidity are usually ok during night, but during the day.... and no shield would help, the temperature on the roof simply is much higher than the real one.

I knew about this and that was also why I knew that at the time when I only had my own page, it was useless. No-one looked at it. The numbers are wrong and also, I live in a very large city and there are 2 professional stations nearby, so why would anyone look on my site (assuming they even knew about it, which no-one did...)

Well anyway, I dont really care right now, because I know I cant do much about it and it actually completely fulfills its purpose - it provides data for the demo and for testing purposes and for that, I dont really care if it is a few degrees off, the number sort of make sense... only the missing solar radiation is sometimes problematic, but better than nothing. 

What is also funny is that I actually never look at the numbers... I never look at the statistics from my station, or rather I should say yes I do, but I just look at whether the graphs shows up, if the labels are ok - in other words I only check it from the developer's perspective, but I dont look at the actual values...

Despite all that I report the data to certain networks - I know I shouldnt but I set this up right at the beginning when I got it, when I was really excited about it and when I had no page and I did look at the numbers back then. I left it that way because I also use it as a back up in case something went wrong with my site and I used it because before I had my own site this was an easy way of getting my data online and looking at it from anywhere. And with Meteobridge it is really easy to set it up.

And so today, after almost 5 yrs, they finally realized it :D I got an email that I was permanently banned from AWEKAS :D

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor
« Reply #3534 on: July 27, 2016, 04:22:41 AM »
Hello Jachym, please contact me, as you saw'm already registered with the new Meteotemplate 8.0 operating normally, the main problem I have is that I can not change the colors through the Setup, because I make changes and keep but I would not change in the template.

Thanks and regards

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
« Reply #3535 on: July 27, 2016, 06:50:07 AM »
Jachym, first off thanks for all the effort to make this template set  :grin:

Now a problem: I just went to meteotemplate.com to try and download the latest version (I had previously downloaded v1.1 but never got a round to installing it).  When I click on the link icon at the bottom of the download page I get sent to http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/downloadedTemplate.php but never see a download start and don't see a link on the second page.  Just wondering if it might be a glitch in the link?  I trying to download it with Chrome v52, I had downloaded the previous version with an earlier version of Chrome and experienced no problems. 
Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3536 on: July 27, 2016, 07:17:32 AM »
Hello Jachym, please contact me, as you saw'm already registered with the new Meteotemplate 8.0 operating normally, the main problem I have is that I can not change the colors through the Setup, because I make changes and keep but I would not change in the template.

Thanks and regards

Hi Juan,
what exactly is the problem with the colors? Does the color selection in the setup not work?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3537 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:34 AM »
Jachym, first off thanks for all the effort to make this template set  :grin:

Now a problem: I just went to meteotemplate.com to try and download the latest version (I had previously downloaded v1.1 but never got a round to installing it).  When I click on the link icon at the bottom of the download page I get sent to http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/downloadedTemplate.php but never see a download start and don't see a link on the second page.  Just wondering if it might be a glitch in the link?  I trying to download it with Chrome v52, I had downloaded the previous version with an earlier version of Chrome and experienced no problems.

Hi,
no I dont think there is a problem with the download link given so many people downloaded it already and I use Chrome as well. The most likely issue is that you have popups blocked in your browser. See if there is this little notification at the top that a popup has been blocked, if so, simply allow it and the download should trigger automatically.

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
« Reply #3538 on: July 27, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
Yes that was the problem, odd since I've never run into this when downloading from other sites.  But adding an exception to the blocker let it come thru just fine.

Anyway I'll try to get it installed this coming weekend.
Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #3539 on: July 27, 2016, 10:27:27 AM »
Jeez Jachym I can't keep up with you

Sent from my F35 Lightning II using Tapatalk

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Plugin
« Reply #3540 on: July 27, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »

Hi guys,

I created another country-specific plugin, this time for Germany.

New plugin - Climate Germany

This plugin shows average temperature, precipitation and sun shine duration for various German regions and Germany as a whole, grouped by years, months or seasons. The plugin includes both graphs and tables, which are sortable and also some general statistical information.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/climateGermany/index.php

No need to set up, just update your menu.php.

Enjoy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3541 on: July 27, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »
I created a duplicate folder on webserver and tried it but couldn't get it to work/set up properly so v7.0 is still the prime www.komokaweather.com/j-template.  This however is not working correctly now (several blocks are not loading) and I am pretty sure it is a webhost issue as having problems with each my template sets.  Have had 2 long discussions with GoDaddy yesterday and now have set error log so I have more ammunition when I talk to GoDaddy again tonight.

V8.0 is at www.komokaweather.com/j-template-v70_to_v80 and the setup link still shows as komokaweather.com/j-template/admin/login.php instead of komokaweather.com/j-template-v70_to_v80/admin/...

I will again go through the update instructions item by item once I have the GoDaddy issue resolved.

Frustrating,
Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3542 on: July 27, 2016, 10:53:54 AM »
Paul, this seems like an issue with the "path" parameter in the setup.php, can you check that?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3543 on: July 27, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »
WeatherBee, do you know where to get the county code?  I think I am having the same warnings issue, and I currently have a zone code (which also happens to be for my county)

Jachym, congrats on 1 year!
One quick question.  I am using the code you provide last week to make my page auto-refresh, however, it does not appear to be working.  Any ideas?

Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
window.setTimeout(function(){ document.location.reload(true); }, 30000000);
</script>

Hi Stefan,
so i was experimenting with this reload function and got it to work. Instead of "true" in the above function simply use "1", like this:

Code: [Select]
setTimeout(function(){
  window.location.reload(1);
}, 1800000);

Insert this in your indexDesktop.php inside the
$(document).ready function.

The number in the function is the number of milliseconds after which you want to reload, in the above example I used 1,800,000 = 30*60*1000 = 30 minutes

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3544 on: July 27, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
Yes that was the problem, odd since I've never run into this when downloading from other sites.  But adding an exception to the blocker let it come thru just fine.

Anyway I'll try to get it installed this coming weekend.

Great, Im glad it is solved. Let me know if there are any problems when you try to install it.

Offline N0BGS

« Reply #3545 on: July 27, 2016, 03:10:14 PM »
Jachym:

Fabulous work on the new template!  I have it all updated and running on my site.  Very few problems to overcome.

I did notice two very minor issues that I thought you might want to know about

1. The title of the dataDisplay plugin setup page is "Contact - Setup"
2. The title of the nwsWarnings plugin setup page is "Airport traffic - Setup"   :grin:

No effect whatsoever on operation, though.

Thanks,

--Kurt

www.kpw3.com/meteo

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3546 on: July 27, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
Hi Kurt, thanks for letting me know, you are right. It has no effect on the setup, it is simply me forgetting to replace this when I copied the file. In some cases the setup scripts are very similar so I copied it from other plugin and then modified it so in these cases I simply forgot to modify the heading... I will fix it in some future update, but probably no point in updating the whole plugin just because of that.

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #3547 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Ok I've updated everything...  great work Jachym

Just a couple of minor issues.

In the main setup page, for some reason it's not reading the Google API key correctly, even though I can see it in the config.php.  It's substituting it with "XXXXX", and if I save it writes "XXXXX" back to config.php.

Possibly related is the error thrown with the station location section

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then, how do I override the colours in dataDisplay?  It is quite difficult to read.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3548 on: July 28, 2016, 08:55:01 AM »
Hi Simon,
you need to specify the API key inside the googleMapsKey text file in the install directory.

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #3549 on: July 28, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »
Hi Simon,
you need to specify the API key inside the googleMapsKey text file in the install directory.

Ah, missed that bit of the instructions...  :shock: