Author Topic: Rapid Fire  (Read 12129 times)

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Re: Rapid Fire
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
To get it in IE, reinstall flash for IE, or check your IE security settings.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2009, 07:24:54 AM »
Gregg, the readings you got show 2 things. 1st, you're definately on the right sensor chip with the way it shot up and back down, 2nd, the gel doesn't have in it the required PEG to work. Like you said, guess I need to try another gel. With the right PEG mixture in the gel the readings will shoot to the top like it did but when it dries the readings should level off at what the moisure level in the surrounding air is by what the PEG is holding. You're closer now.  :grin:

Yes, at least I know the sensor has a little life left in it.  I will look online and see if I can find some good gel.  I think we're on the right track.  Thanks Dan!   =D>
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »
OK, I'm going to Lowe's after lunch to get a mailbox post and some quikrete.  I'm going to try to do what is shown in this post (more or less):

Lowe's sells a two piece metal post with a pointed square end. Just drive it in the ground, no kreet needed. Just did one for my work, cheap too$$$

Back to Rapid fire, I have not been able to get the page to load in IE for a couple of months now, but FF is fine?

Rick

I already had a plan in mind, so I went with the post.

I've always had trouble with rapid fire in IE (IE7) , but FF does very well.

Greg
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:42 AM »
Sooo close now. Just need the right gel. Perhaps a beauty salon nearby?

Cheers Dan
Gregg, the readings you got show 2 things. 1st, you're definately on the right sensor chip with the way it shot up and back down, 2nd, the gel doesn't have in it the required PEG to work. Like you said, guess I need to try another gel. With the right PEG mixture in the gel the readings will shoot to the top like it did but when it dries the readings should level off at what the moisure level in the surrounding air is by what the PEG is holding. You're closer now.  :grin:

Yes, at least I know the sensor has a little life left in it.  I will look online and see if I can find some good gel.  I think we're on the right track.  Thanks Dan!   =D>