Author Topic: WX 1175 stations  (Read 2360 times)

Offline paragon

WX 1175 stations
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
I have THREE WX 1175 stations and THREE transmitters.  The arrangement is doing fine except for ONE problem.  If I select one transmitting station, I find that it moves to another station spontaneously.  What causes this? If the signal is temporarily lost, does the receiving station automatically roll to the next transmitting station?  It seems almost arbitrary.  The changing is disturbing.

The instruction manual implies that you the select a transmitter and it will stay on that unit until it's changed via the "+" key.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WX 1175 stations
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:12 AM »
On the intial setup, did each transmitter report to the display correctly, as channel1, channel2, channel3? Did this also setup the same on the other 2 displays?
Does this problem occur on all 3 displays? Perhaps shutting down 2 of them and just run 1 display to see if it's an interference problem from the other displays running at the same time. If it happens on only 1 of the displays possibly a sticky 'CH/+' button?

According to the manual, if the signal is lost you should be able to press and hold the 'CH/+' button while on it's channel to reacquire the signal.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:27:09 AM by DanS »

anything