Author Topic: WS2080 rel pressure issue - help!  (Read 1971 times)

Offline firedude52

• Retired/Beach Bum, weather enthusiast
    • Morro Bay Weather
WS2080 rel pressure issue - help!
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
Well I am at wits end here on setting correct/accurate barometric pressure on my PWS.  :roll:  History.....

Weather station Ambient WS2080
MeteoHub for 24/7 IP connection
Wunderground station KCAMORRO7 (93442) Using Rapid fire

OK I've ran this PWS now for a few years with no issues and also have a website for it as well at morrobayweather.us.

My issue... I did the station annual maintenance 2 days ago and replaced the batteries. Since it's been back up running I can't seem to get my (relative) Barometric pressure even close to the surrounding stations. ALL other data is right on with everyone else. After I brought it back on line I can't set it close to anyone. There were a couple stations I was always very close to in my pressure readings. We're all on or near the beach. Most are 10'-20' in elevation whereas I am at roughly 70' above sea level.

OK I know I need to find an accurate locale for setting my rel pressure. The one I’ve always used is ran by the Pacific Gas and Electric meteorologist from Mt. Diablo. He is at 10' elev and I am at 70', but we've always very close on rel pressure readings, just been a tad off, but close.

Everyone in the area on Underground is reporting high 29,XX where I am reporting 30.03 to 30.06 ect. In order for me to even get that I’ve had to set the console rel pressure at 29.84 (given the my altitude). Example, as of this post now my console is reading 28.83 yet Wunderground is showing 30.04?? I'm the highest reading in the area with that? Everyone else in immediate area is 29.XX  

The other odd issue is when you click on my site on Wunderground it initially shows (example) 29.95 then the second Rapid Fire hits it jumps to 30.XX (a higher value) yet when you go to one of the other local PWS's it's the opposite. The may show for example 29.96 and when Rapid Fire kicks in and updates theirs drops for example to 29.93? Why does theirs drop upon rapid fire update and mine jumps?

The WS2080 has no setting for station altitude, but the Meteo Hub has a section for station altitude under station settings. I've always left that blank. I tried to enter the station altitude there and it threw things off even worse/higher!?

I tried calling Ed at Ambient, but due to my hearing impairment (30 years as firefighter) I have a hard time on phone even with hearing aids. He's not real supportive via email other than saying the manual explains it. The manual is very vague. Basically says what I already know and to find an accurate nearby station and set my rel pressure accordingly. If I take that other stations figures and enter it on my console I'm way off from everyone?

Bottom line my console right now as of my post reads console rel 28.83 and what's showing up on Wunderground is 30.05? Above all surrounding stations? I'm missing something here as it's always been close to my surrounding stations within a few figures. Maybe age (60 ) is catching up with me, but I'm lost here. Sorry for the LONG post, but wanted to present all info up front in case someone can help. Again all figures are right on with everyone else, EXCEPT rel pressure reading.

This has never been an issue like this before. ](*,) Any ideas? Any help much appreciated.
Retired Fire Captain/Pilot (copter) on duty 9-11
Run local PWS weather station for community.
Became a weather enthusiast during my flying days.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: WS2080 rel pressure issue - help!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
So meteohub is updating wunderground?
it might be that its using the raw baro reading from the station, and not console (adjusted) barometer
i.e you would need to put a barometer offset in (if that is reading too high, then a -ve altitude maybe?)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline firedude52

• Retired/Beach Bum, weather enthusiast
    • Morro Bay Weather
Re: WS2080 rel pressure issue - help!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:34:47 PM »
WD it could be however (and yes the hub it updating WG) the MeteoHub however the is set up correctly to read the console and never had the issue before taking it down  for annual maintenance. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish what you say, but nothing has changed as far as the Hub settings and it was fine until I took it done or the annual maintenance. It was down maybe a hour at most? Any easy instructions on the offset?
Retired Fire Captain/Pilot (copter) on duty 9-11
Run local PWS weather station for community.
Became a weather enthusiast during my flying days.

anything