Author Topic: WIFI 6 cameras?  (Read 324 times)

Offline Eno

• Contributor
WIFI 6 cameras?
« on: April 02, 2024, 06:18:42 PM »
My eleven-year old Foscam F19804P has worked pretty well, through three different routers. But I just installed a WIFI 6 router and can't get the Foscam back on the network. They Say that the wifi protocols are backwards compatible, and I also changed router settings including "Legacy", but maybe it's a sign; get a new camera! One that doesn't require me to use Internet Explorer to use its software!

Any Wifi 6-compatible cameras out there?

Offline zoomx

• Senior Contributor
Re: WIFI 6 cameras?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 10:24:56 AM »
11 years? Maybe it is a question of security protocols? Maybe the camera doesn't support WPA2?

Offline Eno

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 01:22:40 PM »
Maybe the camera doesn't support WPA2?

No. It supports WPA2 encryption.

Offline Eno

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 09:00:59 PM »
My last attempt with the old Foscam; I brought it indoors and connected it with an ethernet cable. That enabled me to see the assigned ip address for wifi. However, attempting to connect to the new WIFI 6 router resulted in a pop up message that read "Un-Support". The old Foscam is now in the trash.

Now looking at Reolink E1 Outdoor Pro. Don't really need panning, spotlights, or audio, but it can tilt up 50 degrees to look at the sky.  ;)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 12:05:39 PM »
The problem isn't Wi-Fi 6, it's something else.

I have a Wi-Fi 6 mesh and my old Foscam connected to it via the 2.4Ghz frequency.

I don't really see a need for Wi-Fi 6 enabled cameras. Using the 5Ghz frequency is more than enough for data transfer of IP cameras.