Author Topic: Heavy weather Pro 2800 not creating currdat.lst  (Read 4144 times)

Offline claudeoram

Heavy weather Pro 2800 not creating currdat.lst
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »
Operating system win 8.  I have been running my 2812 with HW Pro with no problems.  Started running with VWS and was working well.  In doing changes to VWS started not communicating with sensors.  Checking around found I did not have currdat.lst  .  Did complete reinstall of both programs numerous times, ( I think that all traces of HW were removed, cleaned computer new downloads from Lacrosse )restart and reinstall still no currdat.lst.  Reinstall creates HW in startup checking properties says it should be in C:\programdata..  Any suggestions now have it running with VWS on my Win 7 system   

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Heavy weather Pro 2800 not creating currdat.lst
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:15:43 AM »
When I first installed my 2810 I could not find the currdat.lst file on my P.C. It turned up after I changed my windows settings to "show hidden files". After changing this setting I then did a search for currdat.lst and Windows found it being sent to " C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.Windows\Application Data " on my P.C.

Offline claudeoram

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
TNX for the reply.  It says it is there, have the hidden showing but can not find it with the search. ](*,)

Offline satx_pilot

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »
Not sure if you are still have issues with this or not, but the currdat.lst file is located in c:\programdata on Windows 8 installs.  I've been beating my head against the wall with this one Smile

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 11:30:36 PM »
might also be a permissions problem (i.e make sure to run the program as administrator)
there is a menu item to show where the currdat.lst file is being saved too, in the program
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:14 AM »

HW Pro does not actually create this file. It is created by a service called something the W5Communication (going off of memory).

If that service is not up and running, the currdat.lst will never be updated.

I am not a Windows 7, 8 expert so I cannot comment on why the service is not running or if it is why it cannot write the file.

anything