Author Topic: WS-2813U did not change over from DST  (Read 2838 times)

Offline madkiwi

WS-2813U did not change over from DST
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »
So allegedly the WS-2813 gets its time from the PC it is connected to. The computer changed over from DST as it should last night, it was on, and allegedly the weather station was connected continuously (judging by the data on the host computer).

But this morning the WS-2813 is one hour off. It never changed.

Does anyone know how often the PC sends the time signal to the weather station? Is it supposed to be every time it does a data transfer, or just once per day? If it doesn't happen until midnight each day then that is pretty retarded as it would mean the wrong display time for 22 hours after DST changes every time. However, after seeing the "state of the art" software /sarcasm that is Heavy Weather it would not surprise me in the least.

Anyone have any ideas if it is broken or just performing as designed?
WS-2902A WU:KMTFLRE23
WS-2813 WU:KMTMISS015

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: WS-2813U did not change over from DST
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
I did not think the WS-2800 type station got the time from the pc?
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »
Your console should get it's time/date updated from the p.c. as long as the USB wireless connection is there and the Heavyweather program is running on the p.c.  You could try temporarily changing a console setting from the p.c. to verify the p.c.-to-console direction is working and check to see if the time updates then. I have my wx station p.c. set to sync it's time online every 6 hours and my ws2810 stays with this. The console time updates from the p.c. are pretty frequent. I don't have the exact polling interval but do know it's just a couple minutes at most.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:40:20 PM by DanS »

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »
maybe then it rejects too big a time change?
maybe a restart of heavyweather is needed?
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
sounds like you have to a manual setting of the time.  You got me curious so I checked the Davis console and it is right on time.  Probably some setting you have overlooked.

Offline madkiwi

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
It changed last night- I'm guessing at midnight. I went to bed around 10pm and it was still showing daylight saving time.

So the answer may be apparently once per day? Looking at the data files on the computer is not helpful, it shows the timestamp from the PC.
WS-2902A WU:KMTFLRE23
WS-2813 WU:KMTMISS015

Offline cfuller57

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »
Check under Options in Heavy Weather if the High Speed Transmission is checked. Mine was not, but as soon as I checked it, it updated the time.

It changed last night- I'm guessing at midnight. I went to bed around 10pm and it was still showing daylight saving time.

So the answer may be apparently once per day? Looking at the data files on the computer is not helpful, it shows the timestamp from the PC.