Author Topic: Davis 6372 temp station - "stealth" installation 2.0  (Read 2546 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Davis 6372 temp station - "stealth" installation 2.0
« on: May 26, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
Two years ago I "stealthed" my big ugly Davis 6372
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=8067.0
It was pretty good, but the wires still ran outside, secured by cable ties and metallic duct tape.

I did a 2.0 version last week when the pool boy came by to open.

I drilled a half inch hole at the point where ladder inserted into concrete.  Another smaller hole on vertical for my OS sensor.  And another half inch hole near bottom of ladder.

I pulled a string through the holes.  Then pulled the os sensor first then the davis sensor.  I was tight getting the RJ connector through safely.  I orginally planned on pulling the probe end as it was just under half inch, but there was no way to get the angle to pull the wire. The two sensors exit at bottom of ladder 2 feet down.  The rj heading towards xmitter comes out, runs in the channel I cut into the concrete 2 years ago to the xmitter hidden in the cedars.  In the end I have completly hidden wires.  Yay.

See below.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Davis 6372 temp station - "stealth" installation 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
Nice
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
Re: Davis 6372 temp station - "stealth" installation 2.0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »
What? You didn't "opt" for simply mounting the unit onto a little Rubber-Ducky and letting it 'drift' around the pool (wink,wink)?

Very neat installation!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:49:36 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

anything