Author Topic: Saw this on Weatherunderground this afternoon - webcam issue  (Read 820 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Saw this on Weatherunderground this afternoon - webcam issue
« on: August 19, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »
warning After 09/20/2019 all webcams would only work with the uploadKey and not with the existing password

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Re: Saw this on Weatherunderground this afternoon - webcam issue
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:33:48 PM »
warning After 09/20/2019 all webcams would only work with the uploadKey and not with the existing password

This has been discussed in this thread here: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37543.0

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 06:45:57 PM »

This has been discussed in this thread here: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37543.0
I was just trying to help, sorry if you were taken-a-back or offended that I had the guts to post this.  If not, please have a most interesting weather day.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »

I was just trying to help, sorry if you were taken-a-back or offended that I had the guts to post this.  If not, please have a most interesting weather day.

It was not that way at all. That's the problem with just typed words, there's no tone or emotion in it. I was just trying to lead you to a thread that may be helpful. I am sorry you took it that way or that you thought I was insulting your intelligence. It was not my intention.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 06:54:34 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »

It was not that way at all. That's the problem with just typed words, there's no tone or emotion in it. I was just trying to lead you to a thread that may be helpful. I am sorry you took it that way or that you thought I was insulting your intelligence. It was not my intention.

Not mine either;  I have been a weather person since 1994,  and have had  a few stations and with that advice based on what i have learned and sometimes fixed.  However, on this forum,  I always get someone  putting me down, bullying and all that.  at 72 I figure in the time I have left. it ain't going to happen.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »

Not mine either;  I have been a weather person since 1994,  and have had  a few stations and with that advice based on what i have learned and sometimes fixed.  However, on this forum,  I always get someone  putting me down, bullying and all that.  at 72 I figure in the time I have left. it ain't going to happen.

Understandable. I don't blame you, but at the same time one can't assume that everyone is up to no good or is just trying to be a jerk. I am not one of those types of people on here. There is always a handful that are that way.  I hope you have a good night.

anything