Author Topic: Kevin Key's software and new Access  (Read 1449 times)

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
Kevin Key's software and new Access
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:36:12 AM »
Does anyone know if Kevin Key's software will work for the new Acurite Access. I'm having trouble getting the Atlas data to go to Weather Underground. The Atlas data is far superior to the 5-in-1 and would love to be able to move it over.

Thanks,
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Kevin Key's software and new Access
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:57 AM »
Does anyone know if Kevin Key's software will work for the new Acurite Access. I'm having trouble getting the Atlas data to go to Weather Underground. The Atlas data is far superior to the 5-in-1 and would love to be able to move it over.

Thanks,
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com

The Access will already send Atlas data directly to wunderground.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
The test version of the Access did it fine, the new Access they sent me is not sending any data to Wunderground. Plus it would be nice to send Atlas data to CWOP.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
The rain gauge in the Atlas is far superior to that of the 5 n 1 and my Excelvan Fine offset. I cannot send rain to CWOP from Atlas either thru meteobridge or other 3rd parties because of the encryption acurite has on our data now, plus the information is only sent to myacurite every 5 minutes with Access. Wundergrounds' feed from the Access is rapid, so someone will have to find a way to use this traffic for their method of intercepting our live data...

I have my atlas on Wunderground only and it does work from the Access right now, but was a bit confusing as to why it was so difficult to keep a connection when I changed to 100 MBS internet.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »
The test version of the Access did it fine, the new Access they sent me is not sending any data to Wunderground. Plus it would be nice to send Atlas data to CWOP.

There's no difference between a test Access and a production Access with respect to sending data to wunderground.

Key's software isn't going to work unless he has rewritten it to monitor the rapid-fire data already going to wunderground or the 5-minute encrypted flow to myAcurite. 

Offline Jack Bowman

• Forecaster
  • Ambient Weather WS-2000
    • KCOFORTC421 - Hanna Farm
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:30:53 AM »
I have not heard anything from Kevin on this. He did just recently develop an Alexis skill so he is active to some extent. The main benefit is that it supports so many other weather websites as well as the Weather Display software. The software also supports the use data from multiple sensors, which allows for separate placement temp, wind, and rain readings.  He has a dedicated area of the wxforum for his software... http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=136.0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:33:14 AM by ColoradoWeather »
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Weather Station

Home Weather Server:
http://kcofortc421.dynu.net/WD/wx.html

Weather Underground Link:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCOFORTC421

PWS Weather Link:
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KCOFORTC421.html

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »
I completely deleted my Access from the myAcurite staging page, did everything over again, added the Weather Underground credentials, and now the Access is sending Atlas data to Weather Underground.

Chris

anything