Author Topic: IP question  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Garagedude

IP question
« on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
I've had the WS 900-IP for about 4 days. All of a sudden I can't get to the live data app to see anything. IP Tools finds it without trouble?  Also the Outdoor light won't light up now. I've tried moving the IP Observer to a closer location to station and I've updated firmware and I've reset it several times. Is the outdoor light being out and the Live Data app not working related?  I'm lost guys?

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
Re: IP question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »
The outdoor unit talks directly to the OIP and the console. Do you see the outdoor unit data displayed on the console?
For a  test, plug your OIP and computer directly into your ISP router. If you have a second WiFi router, unplug it. Now try accessing the OIP.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:16:37 AM by dupreezd »
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
Last night I re-installed the firmware, reset the IPO and I'm now able to see the Live data program and its settings but there's no outside data and the outside light is still out, and WU is not getting data. I don't have a display, only internet based phone or Ipad.

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »
Have tried resetting the outdoor unit?

Check the LED on the unit, it should normally flash once every 45 seconds (the sensor transmission update period), according to the manual.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:47:57 AM by dupreezd »
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 07:52:59 AM »
It never flashes, How do I reset the outdoor unit?  Replace batteries?

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
I had a look at the manual, looks like that is the only way. While you have it open, maybe replace the batteries. Recommendation is to use Lithium batteries.
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
I had a look at the manual, looks like that is the only way. While you have it open, maybe replace the batteries. Recommendation is to use Lithium batteries.
I'll give that a try. It has lithium batteries in it but not much left to try. Thanks for you're help, I'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Tried new lithium batteries, but no outdoor signal on OIP??
Not sure what else to do at this point?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »
If you bought it from Ambient, I would call them. I have heard they are good for customer service. Is this the array in your photo on top of the garage that isn't working? That is a lot of work to keep having to get up there to fix the sensors. I would take it off of that roof for a while until you figure out what is going on.

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
Doctorknow,
You are so right!! I took it down and put it inside my computer room to tinker with it. Its now working but what I did was go back to the default Firmware...I didn't figure it would hurt so when I did that everything is just fine and the separate outside sensor is adjusting right now back to the outside temps. Wind and Rain is still inside on the station. I'll give it awhile and see what happens.  I guess the firmware was messing up for some reason??
george

anything