Author Topic: WD, Meteobridge & Davis Vantage Pro2  (Read 1897 times)

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
    • Cape Small Harbor Weather
WD, Meteobridge & Davis Vantage Pro2
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:47:55 PM »
Noobie question here:

I have a meteobridge set up and sending data to my Saratoga templates, all in good order, though I am still working through the details.

To prevent unintended data loss, I am also having MB upload the Vantage Pro2 data to an SQL DB very 10 minutes.

When I fire up WD and connect it to the VP2, setting it not to use Meteobridge, I notice that the SQL table begins to have empty data uploads; when I quit WD, the data upload goes back to normal.

My question: does WD somehow clear the records from the VP2 logger? I am using the BelfreyBoy USB cable.

I note also that when I connect WeatherCat to the VP2 via IP, this apparent loss of data does not occur.

Am I missing a critical setting in WD, or something else here?

The work-in-progress site is http://suiattle.net/CapeSmallHarborWeather/mbridge/wxindex.php

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: WD, Meteobridge & Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:57 PM »
Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question, just wanted to say your good job on your site :-)

In case no-one here knows the answer I would also suggest asking on the official WD forum, Brian is extremely helpful and spends lot of time answering people's questions on the forum every day.

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »
A popup will come up when WD downloads from the data logger. Make sure the delete data when done (or some such words) check box is not checked.

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »
A popup will come up when WD downloads from the data logger. Make sure the delete data when done (or some such words) check box is not checked.

On my MacOS El Capitan, WD version 10.37 build 271 I see no evidence of a popup, and the small window at bottom center of screen says WD is downloading data. Looked in the Data Logger control panel and saw no such checkbox. I'd be grateful for a pointer to where I can find it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:18:38 AM by lobsterman »

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
Control panel then data logger

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 09:10:03 PM »
Control panel then data logger

Well, found that and it's set to not delete data but all my historical data has now disappeared from both my WUnderground page and the Meteobridge --> Saratoga pages.

I'm obviously not grasping how the historical data is logged and saved by any of these systems.

anything