Author Topic: Sparks on Mobile app  (Read 509 times)

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Sparks on Mobile app
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:04 AM »
Nathan is there any plan for Sparks to become active in Alaska or are we just an bazaar child. Last week end there was over 18000 strikes here in 2 days. It seem like your entity just drags it feet along and is mainly for lower r8. Even water warnings are generalize and are sent to all zones in an given NWS area instead of the intended area.
 I have yet to see any sparks data for Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, or Ketchikan.
 I even sent an  note via your app contact support and didn't even get an acknowledge  that they received it. That to me says they don't care which I am really beginning to believe. This not the first time I have brought this up with WeatherBug personnel.

John

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
Re: Sparks on Mobile app
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »
Nathan is there any plan for Sparks to become active in Alaska or are we just an bazaar child. Last week end there was over 18000 strikes here in 2 days. It seem like your entity just drags it feet along and is mainly for lower r8. Even water warnings are generalize and are sent to all zones in an given NWS area instead of the intended area.
 I have yet to see any sparks data for Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, or Ketchikan.
 I even sent an  note via your app contact support and didn't even get an acknowledge  that they received it. That to me says they don't care which I am really beginning to believe. This not the first time I have brought this up with WeatherBug personnel.

John

Hi John!

Fill out this form and basically copy/paste your post into the form and submit it. This goes directly to me:

http://backyard.weatherbug.com/group/pws

I will escalate this to my CTO so he can look into it and see what is the status with lightning in Alaska.

Spark is powered by our ENTLN lightning network, and it was my understanding we've been deploying sensors globally (I have a couple of visualization tools that monitor ENTLN across the globe). I'm wondering if we have any ENTLN sensors in Alaska at the moment, as well as if we don't, I'm wondering if we'd provide you with the opportunity to host one. That's not my department, so I'm not really sure, but if you'll email me using the contact form above, I'll make sure my CTO can get on this for you and give you some concrete details.

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net

anything