Miscellaneous Debris > Tech Corner

Weather station (2.4ghz) with Google Mesh Wifi

(1/3) > >>

msollars:
I'm thinking of buying and installing my first weather station. (probably a 2902A or a ws-2000) but have some questions about connectivity to my wifi.

The house is currently on a new Google Mesh Wifi setup (3 stations) and we've really liked the improved speed and range we've seen over our old router. 

My question is this, how will a 2.4ghz specific station work with the google mesh system.  I don't have any idea if it's 2.4 or 5 ghz.  or any idea of how to change that setting, etc. 

Would the systems that i'm looking at just work if setup and powered on?  type in my wifi password and off it goes?  how would i know if it's not working with the system, or how well it's working, etc.

thank you all, great board.

Matt

broadstairs:
That mesh WiFi is dual band so your weather station will work once ithas the correct credentials.

Stuart

msollars:
how does it get the correct credentials?

broadstairs:

--- Quote from: msollars on January 17, 2019, 11:20:14 AM ---how does it get the correct credentials?

--- End quote ---

Not knowing the systems you suggest but like every other wireless station there must be a way of setting the correct network and password, or you use WPS - Wi-Fi Protected Setup (assuming the Google system has that and I cannot think it does not). Have you read the user manuals for the weather stations you are considering, they must detail how you set them up?

Stuart

msollars:
Admittedly, I haven't read the manuals for the ones I'm only considering at this stage, but it's the 'switching/ dual range' aspect of the system that I'm concerned about.
Anybody have a PWS with a Google Mesh system care to weigh in on the 5ghz home wifi also being able to handle (simultaneously) a constant 2.4ghz feed from the PWS?
thanks all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version